Fly Tying
whippersnapper

Fly Fishing Tattoos??

Hello All,

Just thought I would ask if anybody had any fly fishing related tattoos. If so, where did you get it done and why did you choose the design? Any regrets??

Keep it Deep,

Whippersnapper

I dont have one yet, I have been thinking of getting an osprey with a fish in it talons.. the moment after the grab scene.. not sure if I want a tattoo anymore though.. so many people gettin em, kinna lost its originality..

No fly fishing tat.... But I do have one of my Fender Telecaster guitar on my left shoulder. I've considered a fly fishing related one for my right shoulder, but it took me years to come up with what I wanted on the first one... I may be 90 when I get the second one... laugh.gif

Not to downgrade anyone or be of much influence, but in my opinion, a tat should have at least some originality to it and be as personal to the person as possible. They last a long time, so be careful what you decide on. I searched for years before settling on an artist and an idea of what I wanted. He sat down with me, we designed the tat, and he did a great job... Something I still treasure and have no regrets.

Knowing how my passion for golf was a few years ago compared to now, I'm certainly glad I didn't get a golf related tat. But I've played guitar for close to 40 years and had my Tele for 10 before getting the tat...

Vices, if you do get one, make it your own original idea... as you have stated you already have that original idea. Nobody else will have a tat quite like mine.... So it's very original.... Honestly, I frown when I see someone getting an "off the shelf" tat just because someone else has one like it...

QUOTE (Sean Juan @ Jun 10 2005, 09:07 AM)
I'd love to get a striper on my shoulder but I'm still afraid that my mom will kill me.

I could see your mom's reaction it if it was a stripper! rolleyes.gif

I like a good ink job but personally I just can't do something that permanant. I would get bored with it and then regret doing it.

QUOTE (Redleg @ Jun 10 2005, 07:20 AM)
Arkie, thought you had a Royal Coachman on your butt cheek? blink.gif

No, Red.... that's a mole... and it looks more like a scud..... laugh.gif Gets pretty painful when my waders rip and the trout see it.... blink.gif

QUOTE (ArkieFlyGuy @ Jun 10 2005, 09:55 AM)
QUOTE (Redleg @ Jun 10 2005, 07:20 AM)
Arkie, thought you had a Royal Coachman on your butt cheek? blink.gif

No, Red.... that's a mole... and it looks more like a scud..... laugh.gif Gets pretty painful when my waders rip and the trout see it.... blink.gif

Tape your hook and leader toit, then you can troll while your heading to the next hole. wink.gif

P.s.

fly fishers beware

a size 18 tiemco can slice thru ear cartlidge like a hot knife thru butter when traveling at 1000 miles an hour.

I have one tat, but it is not fly fishing related. I also agree that a tatoo should be unique and mean something to you personally. A lot of my friends have gotten "off the shelf" tatoos and regretted them...barbed wire around the bicep for instance. I picked a tatoo that meant something to me, and that I had never seen on anyone before. I have no regrets, and I don't think I ever will. I would like to get a fly fishing tatoo, but it will definitely need a lot of consideration before I settle on one.

On the category of tats on butts, I have a friend who actually does have one on his butt. It's a street sign that says "Exit Only" hysterical.gif