Fly Tying
geozip

Salmon Fly Swap

OK, I fish the Salmon River on the West coast of New York. The Salmon are starting to run. I would like to start a swap that would have an ending of Oct. 15 or so. The swap would be for the first 8 with an i'm in. Tying the fly you count on the most! The fly that catches all the fish! The one you would spend your money on !

Any Takers?

This swap will be to the rules of the board. The due date can change if needed.

Ok....You talked me into it.

Here is the line up,

geozip

1. Joe Hard- Received

2. SullyTM - Received

3. day5 - Received

4. CjCalls - Received

5. shenandoahangler - Received

6. Trouttraveler- Received

7. Sjo Crapels

8. TDeyette - Received

Geo

Ok....You talked me into it. blink.gif

Here is the line up,

geozip

1. Joe Hard

2. SullyTM

3. day5 ( If you are still interested )

4. CjCalls

Once we get a few more people, we can vote for a finish date.

Geo

geozip...Having never participated in a FTF Swap I am looking forward to it. Is the swap called off if 12 people don't sign up? Thanks. Thom

P.S. I'll probably tie my Killer Kaddis...I'll let ya know. I need to make sure I have all of the materials. If not, I have a few more patterns up my sleeve. Thanks.

SullyTM, nope it is not called off if we do not get 12 swappers. A swap can consist of 2 people. Most swappers don't like to tie more than a dozen fly's, so we try to keep it at 12 or less. If you have any questions or concerns please ask, everyone is very helpful.

tight lines.. geo

geo what are you thinking of for a date? I'm gonna be on some trips soon but if its going to be a little ways off I could maybe join. And any certian type of salmon fly? you talking spey, dressed, hairwings or just anything that is good for a king salmon dunno.gif

QUOTE (steeldrifter @ Sep 14 2005, 04:28 PM)
geo what are you thinking of for a date? I'm gonna be on some trips soon but if its going to be a little ways off I could maybe join. And any certian type of salmon fly? you talking spey, dressed, hairwings or just anything that is good for a king salmon dunno.gif

We can have the date set for any time... I was thinking the end of October. But I am open to sugestions. The swap will be for each swapper to tie their favorit salmon fly. The one they bring to the river or lake or ocean to catch fish.

SullyTM, Any pattern will be a good pattern. It is up to the tyer.

Day5, great to see you back in... headbang.gif

geo