Fly Tying
Redleg

Cider!

Smoked Salmon on TFF, so I thought I'd save this for here. ;)

It's cider time, my favorite time of the year. I'm probably going to my uncles saturday to press a little cider.

What do you like best with your cider? For me any kind of donut, but powdered cinnamon would be first choice.

Also, a splash of jim Beam wakes it up nicely. Hot cider is great too.

A little cider and a splash of Jack Daniels has been the cause for more then one person looking for the truck that hit them. Oh yes a bit of cheese and smoke fish or meat.

I usually drink Blackthorn or Strongbow, but lately I get BC Growers granny smith cider, cause it's the only thing my wife will drink, also it's made in K-town where I was born.

wish you would of told me sooner that jim beams is good in cider, I drank all the cider last sunday and had an unopened bottle of jim beams in my bookshelf <_<

Would you believe I dont think I have ever had cider in my life

Now things are comeing into light.....

You need some more socialmatizing!

Smoked herring, deer sasauges,wine dipped cigars and what I like best about cider is that there is usualy alot of it around and freinds can have a good time sucking er back.

nothin like coming inside on a cold fall day and sucking some ho cider through a cinamon tube.....guess what I'll be picking up on the way to work tonight

Strait up. Sometimes if the orchard next to the farm has enough left over by the end of cider season the guy will let it sit till it gets cold, then let it freeze outside. chip around the outside of the cider and in the core is some good old hard cider. Mmm Mmm That stuff sure did the trick back when I was much younger then I am now. Nowadays if I want cider I go to this pub a few blocks from my apartment. 22oz of 22proof cider with some black rasberry sauce on the bottom, boy is that good and it will warm you up real nice :D

Just a plain fresh made donut!

BFR

Come on SD! Go to yates, grab a jug of cider and go fish'in across the street!

Here's what I do. Fill a mug with cider, add a stick of cinnamon, a pat of butter, several cloves and heat it up in the microwave. When it comes out, add about 1.5 ounces of your favorite libation - scotch works, so do dark rum and JB (although it's a shame to mix it). Find a sunset and contemplate it.

Would you believe I dont think I have ever had cider in my life

Now things are coming into light.....

You need some more socialmatizing!

:hyst: :yahoo: :hyst: :yahoo:

:rolleyes: (Get out more, Boy! :bugeyes:

Cider by itself is tantalizing!

A good plain donut, a plain donut with peanut butter or extra sharp cheddar or both, the aforementioned spicy/smoky meat products and cinnamon/clove treatments, an apple cider DONUT! :D and I'm sure I've forgotten a few others.

Hard Cider is yummy, albeit dangerous :ph34r:

When mixing high grade corn squeezin with fresh cider you want to go higher on the proof than plain old everyday 80 - Beam, Daniels and others are okay but to really appreciate the true flavor combinations you need to graduate to some Booker's or Old Weller (107) or other small batch with high octane numbers.

Straight Rye, Maker's Mark, etc. - try to never ruin cider with a blended whiskey :nono:

next time you have a cold, heat up that cider with some rum or whisky, but don't do this until you are ready to go to bed, it's better than any cold medicine out there, (maybe this WAS cold medicine at one time???)

Well, Cider got pressed and nobody lost any fingers. Had some good food, a keg, and 4 truckloads of fire wood for the bond fire. Went birdin' yesterday, but the woods were too active with weekend warriors. Gonna try again wednesday.