Fly Tying
Alex C.

Secret Santa Swap

Hopefully my flies will arrive tomorrow :( ootherwise it'll just be me, the hound dog and a lump of coal under the tree :unsure: . But, Then there won't be any excuse why I don't get up early and go after the annual ceremonial Fish :headbang: :yahoo: It's kind of been a Christmas tradition to go Steelheading off of the beach a mile down the road from my house every year since '84.

My flys came Friday :yahoo: Thank you troutbum2 they look great

kinda cool that they came from the burg I live about an hourand ahalf north of their .

Thanks OLB this was a great swap

Fcflyguy

Got mine this week. Opened them early. We had our christmas early this week cause I gotta work anyway. Some good looking steelhead flies! Problem is I didn't see who they were from. Did I draw your name Alex?

I recieved mine i think sometime earlier this week.I have not open it very hard to control the temptation today though.If i can only make it one more day.I may have to have a one present open night tonight so i don't fill guilty if i give in to temptation.Man i fill like a kid again !!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: The excitement in our childrens eyes bring out the best in us all.Merry Christmas to all and to all restrian me i need to open it,no i can wait,no open it,no wait,open it,no wait.SOME ONE HELP ME THIER TAKEN OVER MY MIND.I need to leave the house for the rest of the day.

tt

Santa showed up at my door today and a nice little package went right under the tree. Nice wrap job whoever done that!

Merry Christmas to All and may you and Your Families have a Safe , Healthy and Happy New Year!

Randy

P.S. No, I didn't open it up. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Opened my present this morning to find a nice little box of Bamboo's "go to Flies"

Thanks brother, it was a box of some really nice tyes. This swap was a damn good idea. Thanks to all of you and I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas. :cheers:

Saved my flies so I could open somthing that I didn't already know what it was! A very nice assortment of dry flies from rangerman! A nice surprise! A couple of them in there that I have not tied yet! Now I have a visual aid! Thanks Dave! Excellent tie!

I'm looking forward to doing this again next year!

BFR

I opened a super nice package of flies from Bentflyrod. Awesome. Thanks, I really enjoyed the safety pin fly. Nice touch. :D

OLB, thanks again for hosting the swap. You host a good one :headbang: . I'm looking forward to your next swap.

I got a real nice set of dry's and parachutes, and bead heads from KevinP. Totally awesome flys. I think Kevin has been holding out on us, his flies are a definate work of art.

Opened mine Christmas morning .... Got an impressive set of flies from Joe Hard!

Cool designs, Nice assortment of streamers. Joe, your a very talented tyer! Thanks :headbang:

And thanks OLB for putting this swap together.

Tom

I received a nicely wrapped fly case with some outstanding flies and also a Christmas card from Trout Traveler. The flies and card are most appreciated, and here's wishing you and yours the best of health and wealth for the coming New Year.

Thanks again

Pat Carroll

I repeat as others have said "GREAT IDEA OLB".

longears

I noticed you live on Whidbey Island. My brother lives in Freeland, and recently is going thru some health problems. He was very active with some local fishing club. Great area that you are in. Was up that way last summer.

Have a good one,

Pat Carroll

I received mine and was real pleased to find a nice streamer wallet with a cool set of flies and an extra leader tossed in for good measure. No name on it but whoever you are thanks for making my Christmas even more special!