Fly Tying
Alex C.

Secret Santa Swap

ShmanQ, I sent a wallet from Orvis with some flashy steelheadflies and an extra leader in the back off the sheepskinimitation. If that's what you received than I'm pleased you like them because I have good memories on these flies. I fished them in Salmon River and South Sandy Creek upstate New York in 2002. Haven't been there since, hope to come back in 2007. Next year is our 25th wedding anniversary, which we intend to celebrate in an grand fashion.

I got a tin off flies today from Matt Frondorf from Buckeye Baits, signed by the name of ShmanQ. It's a really diverse package, with an epoxyhead streamer, a wooly bugger etcetc and some really tiny glassbeadheads. They are terrific! Gonna visit www.buckeyebaits.20m.com soon to look and see.

Thanks for your beautifully tied flies!

Sjo

Humbled and embarrassed, just started tying when I got involved in this swap, tied some flies and rushed them in. Well saw some of the flies sent in and seen I was under developed and lacking in areas.

Just received my gift flies from Redleg and now I am lost. What pieces of art I have rec'd. 2 full dressed salmon flies that I know I do not deserve. One Childers and one Kate they will end up in a frame and on the wall in my tying area just so as to remind me that the only way to make my own work acceptable I will need to follow the dedication and care that have been applied to my flies from Redleg.

post-3271-1135841048_thumb.jpg

Thanks ever so much Redleg I am speechless.

Humbled and embarrassed, just started tying when I got involved in this swap, tied some flies and rushed them in. Well saw some of the flies sent in and seen I was under developed and lacking in areas.

Just received my gift flies from Redleg and now I am lost. What pieces of art I have rec'd. 2 full dressed salmon flies that I know I do not deserve. One Childers and one Kate they will end up in a frame and on the wall in my tying area just so as to remind me that the only way to make my own work acceptable I will need to follow the dedication and care that have been applied to my flies from Redleg.

post-3271-1135841048_thumb.jpg

Thanks ever so much Redleg I am speechless.

Don't worry about it Fry. Part of the swap is to improve your own tying. If you haven't learned from somebody else or offered a pointer to somebody, what's the point? Just tie your own. Those are just a beginners flies too believe it or not. They've got soem quirks, I'm just glad they weren't detroyed in the shipment, I can see they need a little adjusting, maybe if I ever get up your way to hunt some brookie's one day...

I'm glad you enjoyed them, and I was glad to be part of the swap.

Don

Sjo--Yep you just made my Christmas even more special with your kind words about my patterns. I am self taught but know my flies pass the trout test quite well. Your patterns too will be thoroughly tested all over the midwest and south central region the next few months.

Thanks again

Thanks Redleg, I have this on the wall by by tying area to remind me to try a little more each time I sit here.

The nameplate will be replaced by a penned script when I have a chance to take the framed box to a friend who specializes in Caligraphy.

post-3271-1135927833_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the late response on this gang.No time for anything and didn't have a chance to hit the computer Christmas day.I would like to thank Blueman89 for the wonderful plano fly box and the wonderful assortment of flies i recieved from him in the santa swap.what a great job he had done in tying these up.I will have fun trying them out and trying to duplicate them as well.very neatly tied.The wrapping was wonderful.It had taken alot of holding back to wait till Christmas morn.to open them but i made it and was worth it.Again thank you Blueman89 for the gift.I didn't realize you were from Pittsburgh.Grew up in lower burrell.I hope everyones Chtistmas was wonderful And wish you all a Happy New Year.

Rick tt

P.s Pat Carroll I hope you enjoy them.

Trout Traveler

You did a great job with the flies and the case. Anxious to try the flies,

I came from a small town 30 miles north of Pittsburgh, called Schenley.

Went to high school in Leechburg.Moved to Calif., many years ago.

Still an ardent Steeler fan.

Have a good one,

Pat Carroll

Joe Hard- I got your flys today, there is a sticker on the package that says NOT ADMITTED TO CANADA, I'll have to go to the post office and see what this BS is all about

Thats a drag, I think Ill be good from now on. Maybe next year santa will be good to me. Thanks for the kind words on the flys tdeyette. Even though I have not received the flies I want to thank you Alex for hosting a great swap. I would like to do this again next year. I'm sure by then we will figure out the details.