Fly Tying
harleyhunter

1st Realistic

Hey Guys,

I wouldn't really call this my 1st realistic, its more of an impersonation. You guys are real artist at realistics, I can only try to be as half as good. Here are some of my progress photos.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I just painted it black. Tomorrow I'll add the red hour glass shape to the bottom and then post the final product.

Best Wishes,

Sam

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the compliments. Here is the finished products. Please give advice on any future tips. Feel free to tear it apart. I feel that a matt black would of looked better.

Best Wishes,

Sam

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks alot Steve. I'm glad you like it. You should give your snake another try, the last one wasn't bad.

Sam

Thanks for the comments guys.

Bud good luck hunting!

Diermit, the abdomen is made of foam for girth then topped with hot glue. I formed it with my finger. The trick is to keep your finger wet while forming and use a little at a time.

Best Wishes,

Sam

Great looking spider. It is amazing what you guys are able to do when you sit down and put your minds to things. I think I'll stick to my egg patterns and wooley buggers for now ;)