Fly Tying

FTOTY - My Little Secret

As some of you browse through the list of category winners you may be SHOCKED to see that your fly is listed amogst the winners. This year with the two rounds of voting I wanted to step up the exciment level and came up with a devious plan. When everyone went to vote in the 2nd round there were 29 flies(one fly one two categories). For the winners of a category they could only see the flies that they did not tie and their fly was invisible to them. I wanted even the winners of the categories to cast an honest vote for the FTOTY and to do that I made them believe that they didn't win.

So that was my secret. Evil?....maybe but it sure was fun. I'm sure many of the winners were quite disappointed that their fly was not displayed for the 2nd round. So make sure you look at the winners closely....you may have won and didn't even know it!!!

:hyst:

Tricky, I was shocked to see a fly I tied for a fish that is not even in this province. Congrats guys, and now comes the fun part to see how they were all tied!!

Will

Somthing must still be wrong I still do not see any of my flys yet :dunno: :D

FCflyguy

congets to all the winners and all the tyers a great job

That's freakin halarious. I can honestly say I actually thought I had a hair of a chance this year, I loaded the screen for the second round and like you said, didn't see a one of my flies. I tell ya my heart sank......I sulked and sulked....

then Melissa logged in to see vote as she entered the contest with a fly also this year.....She loaded the first round winners and I'm out in the living room, I hear, "hey honey, come here for a second" I said what? Didn't you tell me you didn't win a category? I said yeah, well isn't this your fly?

LOL!!!! I ran into the room and low and behold there was my fly...I was confused to say the least and still doubtful about the whole thing........I've been waiting for Feb 02, 2006 9PM EST now for over a week wondering if it was true or not.

That was a cruel cruel evil plan Will Mullis, but I tell ya seeing that up there tonight made the whole disappointment thing disappear pretty quick.

This is way cool!