Fly Tying
zip

fav fly swap

I cant host yet but if I could I would in a heart beat. Fly Time if your upto it I/we would love you. if so lest repost a topic as FAV FLY II or something an see who we get of the orig. guys going if we cant fill it we can reopen it. I dont log on daily but I try to check it every 2-3 I will take the time to PM the orig tiers of this 1 if we go on with it. Let me know!!! :yahoo:

Good news! I just personally spoke with zip's father and he informed me that the flies will be mailed within the next few days and he would personally see to it. He's a young guy and from what his dad said his schedule has been hectic lately.

Anyway, you guys should be expecting to receive your flies sometime next week. ;)

Thanks Will, thats a relief, so I guess the fav fly swapII is off, We appreciate your and the rest of the mods. help on this one.

Hey guys I am SSOOOOO sorry,Fly Time the day i spoke with you i shouldnt have said "they were in the mail"I had them all packaged up and ready to go then realized i was minus one and put a dealy on sending them b/c I was so busy.There was really no excuse in doing so other than my duties as a D.I.As SM said they will be out tommorrow I PROMISE YOU!Along with some other flies swaps.Again I am verey sorry and if you would like to further the conversation PM and i will give you my phone number.

Sorry i let you guys down

Don't stress it too hard Zip. Everyone makes mistakes. Just let it be a lesson for organizing your timeline in the future.

Can't wait to see the flies!

zip...Apology accepted. These swaps can be overwhelming. Learn from any mistakes made. Personally, I think the due date time is way to long on most of the swaps. I think the sign up period for a swap should be about one week and turn around time on the flys no more than 30 days. But that's just me. I look forward to receiving the flys...Thanks for hosting. SullyTM

:headbang: Hey Zip Ive never been so pleased to admit I was wrong :headbang:

Looking forward to seeing those bugs :yahoo:

Are we sure he's not just doing us a favor by trying them all out first... just to make sure each and every one of em can catch fish?

They're not terribly late yet, I say give him a chance before we go throwing him out of the boat. Might be a little embarrassed about the delay -might be a reason he didn't post. I still have faith... they'll show up.

Zip, if you're reading this, I think the biggest issue here is that we just don't know. Fill us in. If they're not sent yet, let us know, then send them. If your dog ate em, just let us know.

Yes i was embarrased about the delay griefs,I just thought that if I had said something someone would have gotten mad but instead i i didnt say anything and it turned out even worse worse! :wallbash: And no one has been ripped or screwed over b/c i put them in the mail yesterday like i promised.Everyone has a right to be pissed off at me,i just dissapeared,but again im sorry and i dont think il be doing swaps anymore especially since I convinced SD that i was responsible enough to host one and went and fucked it all up.Any way,later guys

I'd like to say that flies have arrived!!! Nice work guys and a very nice variety! Jeff, you need to teach me to spin hair! I do have a few without tags if anyone wants to claim them. The really small one that's not the PMD or Rhino Midge. the yellow one with eyes, and the very sharp salmon fly (streamer?).

I'm glad this swap had a happy ending. Everyone, WELL done. I sure could use some directions on how to fish a few of these and also some recipes. Since I usually fish tiny, the PMD has caught my eye.

I can't wait to swap again. What have I learned during this swap. We really do have some great moderators here, patience is a virtue, and just because your box is big enough to hold your flies, it doesn't mean it's big enough to hold the returning flies.

Thanks you all.

Greifs

I got my flies today. nice job everyone! the ultraviolet pmd was an awesome tie. that thing will be wicked where I fish in the eastern sierras.

thanks everyone,

majestyja-Jeff

greifs.

that yellow fly is called a troutzilla treat, down2earth1 made those while we were fishing in the eastern sierras, that pattern caught a hog of a rainbow, where the name troutzilla treat came from.

majestyja-jeff

Im glad you guys like your flies,sorry it has taken so long but sounds like the results have been good!