Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
zip

Killin the gills with this fly

Hey yall',yesterday i decided to hit the lake.Iput on one simple little fly and it made my day,i bet i cought 10 on this fly alone!Check it out!

post-3092-1153065356_thumb.jpg

good deal Zip.

I often resort to the small, black, soft hackle spider pattern like that and the gills can't help themselves. They just have to check it out. Keep those lines tight marine!

Okay today was a good fishing day!I caught 4 crappie on some tiger midges and landed an 8 inch smallie on an adams!Its kind of funny,i used to fish this river with no luck but it seems since iv been fishin it with flies that things are starting to look good!

Its kind of funny,i used to fish this river with no luck but it seems since iv been fishin it with flies that things are starting to look good!

Theres a few lakes up here that I thought were fishless till I started flyfishing.

Nice.

I like flies like that a ton and need to tie up some more.

Last year I spent a lot of my time fishing with poppers and flashy flies for bluegill and bass... this year I've mainly used traditional trout flies (such as above) and had much better luck!