Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
deeky

Bring on the Minnows

I have finally decided on a little rainbow trout. I may do a slight variation of the traditional pattern but the final product will be a rainbow. Now it's time to get em done. I'll post a picture when I have my final version ready. I can't wait to see the results of this swap! :headbang:

Here it is, The Little Rainbow. This my first attempt, I'm sure they'll get better as I go. I'm not sure I like the size of the head on this one, seems kinda big. The hook is size 12, Umpqua streamer. Let me know what you think!

post-6588-1157231791_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting your streamer Big Todd. I like the pattern! I'm going to tie some is size 4 and try them out on chums and silvers this week.

They look go FC. Sorry to say I did almost the same thing except I used smoke gray instead of white and silver krystal flash instear of orange.

Nice flies, Big Todd and FC! I test-casted one of my "prototypes" on my 6wt (TFO Jim Teeny rod- badarse rod, BTW) and an SA Mastery Uniform Sink+, class 5, with a 2ft 20lb maxima leader and a 2ft. 10lb P-Line Flourocarbon tippet and it casted like a charm. I wanted to make sure, because they're pretty big flies for a 6wt (both length and width), and on some flies, sheep hair has the aerodynamics of a Peterbilt.

Part I of test? A

post-6588-1157536518_thumb.jpgTHE RAINBOWS ARE DONE! :punk: PM the addy and I'll try and mail them by Friday.

FC, the minnows are lookin' good! :bugeyes: :kicking: I can't wait to see all the different techniques everyone used. I'm sure I'll be impressed and educated! :ban:

post-6588-1157536421_thumb.jpg

Howdy, Got mine done. If you could send me your address ill get them out this weekend

I hope everybody likes them. B

Well, here's what I've got. Black-nosed dace on a Mustad 79580, size 2. It's bigger for a dace at 2 1/2 inches, but it's that time of year. Standard pattern except I used holographic tinsel rather than the standard silver.

post-3964-1157999492_thumb.jpg

As I start getting flies in, I'll start a separate thread to dump pics of all of the flies from this swap.