Fly Tying
Crotalus

Wooden tool boxes at Lowes

Hey guys, i wanted to let everyone know that my wife called from work (Lowes) to let me know that thier wooden tool chests came in today. I think she said they are only $29 this year but dont hold me to that. I already have one but told her to get me another. She doesnt know if all the Lowes will have them or what the prices will be at other stores so you should probably call you local store.

My only real gripe about this box is that the upper drawers are just a bit too short to stand thread spools up and still close the drawer.

For anyone who doesnt remember the past discussions about these boxes see the pics below.

I will probably replace the set of plastic drawers on the left with the new box

post-1597-1164233337_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1164233350_thumb.jpg

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the "heads up." I'll be there on Friday for the after Thanksgiving sale and will check the boxes out. Take care & ...

Hopefully I won't get robbed while waiting in line to get it(I live in CT....LOL).

Thanks for the heads up....that's a super price.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Hot Tuna

Thanks for the shove in that direction, looks like a couple of those could find a place on my tying desk. I use a couple of those plastic drawer cabinets, too, and have been looking for something with a little more grace.

I said it before and I will say it again, these boxes are great. I picked one up last year, but if they are only 25.00 on Friday I might have to stop by at Lowes to get another one for myself.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I have to work on Friday, but I might be taking a long lunch break to pick me up a couple. Thanks for the tip!

The only thing I had to do to my box is to put felt on the bottom screws of the box because they would scratch up my desk. Other than that it is ready to go out of the box. This is a killer deal on the box, it beats paying a few hundred dollars for a Gerstner (sp?) box.

This is a killer deal on the box, it beats paying a few hundred dollars for a Gerstner (sp?) box.

Yeah, I can afford the Lowe's box a little more easily than this one:

IPB Image

Gerstner 100th Anniversary Wright Flyer Chest

A faithful reproduction of Orville Wright's early 1900's Gerstner Tool Chest - constructed of quartersawn white oak. The chest features polished nickel hardware, a hand rubbed finish, felt lined drawers and Gerstner's 100th Anniversary commemorative cast-brass medallion. The overall size is 18 inches wide by 12 1/2 inches high by 9 inches deep. The Gerstner Wright Flyer has a top well and seven drawers. The sliding front lid covers the drawers and the chest is fully locking. This chest will be offered for sale as well on a limited run basis for a cost of $750 plus shipping. For questions or to place an order, contact Kim Armstrong, Vice President of Marketing 937-228-1662

Style LE-616

22" W x 19" H (as shown on removable stand) x 11 1/2" D

100th Anniversary Limited Edition Collectors Chests

These will only be made in 2006.

For more details - Click Here

$1995

Now Available to Order!

Does anyone have an idea of the general area in Lowe's where these boxes are on display?

I found them in the lumber section near the commercial sales area.

I ended up buying 2 more, almost got 3 but i really only need 1.