Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Davy

Knouse

Davy,

Is this a Alec Jackson hook?what size? i swing speys up new york tributaries an there is a hook gape rule of 3/4 of an inch no more or you can get in trouble.

Tight Wraps & Tight Lines

Rick

Great fly Davy!!! Looks like it has a light on the back.

Lonewolve,

I also swing the NY tribs, try tying on tubes for the bigger flies. I also find the smaller hooks hold better in the fight

I still like to tye the bigger hooks, but I primarily fish stingers on my larger flys, usually size 4 hooks or 6's. Winters anyway. But atleast one of the boxes I would open on the river is full of 1/0,2/0,4/0 speys and the like. We get limited to 3/4" as well here. And floating lines on some rivers and times of the year.

lol , thankx guys, yup, new HMH, these are the first tyes on it. Kinda gave up on the Norvise. But still wanted sumthin "new" after all these years on the Tommy B. I like it, just more movin parts than I am used to. And you guys are the ones doin some amazing fly work-- My eyes popped when I first came back and looked around. Nice to be back-- drinks on me if ya'll were here, which your not ,so thats why I said it,,j/k