Fly Tying

"mystery box revival"

just had a few minutes and thought I would drop a few lines to say Hi to everyone and say welcome to all the new ones joining this swap. BDH my husband has been great and has been keeping me up on the post and the mystery box. Baby Sam is doing well and growing like a weed can't believe he is already 4wks old. Thanks for all the congrats from everyone. I have tied some wet hackles for my husbands swap and a few extras for our box. Still not tying a lot yet but I will be back soon. Thanks everyone.

FF13

Flyfisher.. Glad to hear things are going well.. enjoy the young one now as it seems like time flies by and the next thing you know they will be all grown up.. My youngest is now 34 years old and i feel like 112!!

Please tell Big Daddy i plan on joining the material swap for a couple go rounds.. found some things the other day that people might be interested in.. Will get them mailed out to him first thing in the morning....

Flyfisher,

Glad to hear you & the family doing well & good to see you back. Will's right, before too long they will be all grown up, in college or married or in 1 of these swaps. However in my granddaughter's cases they are all grown up at 12 & 8. Took the youngest one flyfishing, had taught her what to do after you cast a couple of weeks ago. We went out recently and after I had cast I then proceded to review what happens next. EXCUSE ME. She says, PAPAW, I KNOW WHAT TO DO. Well she did, caught a 3 1/2 lb bass & a couple 8-10" bluegills before we had to go and eat dinner. Yep they grow up fast. However, IT'S PRICELESS!!!!

Let BDH know that I will be mailing some materials for the swap Mon. or Tues. Like all of the swaps this one will be great.

Thanks

Steve

Its nice to hear from the "fairer half' of the hubbard family, hope all is well. I , like others, will be anxious to get our hands on your fly tying gems.

I 've been getting some unexpected help for the material swap, our two " pesty foxes", keep leaving their offerings for tying flies. Last couple mornings, found some rabbit carcasses and feathers!! The county will furnish traps, unfortunately ,there is a three week waiting list.

Expect to hear from rich in the next day or so,the box was mailed on thursday.

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

The Mystery Machine... I mean Box arrived yesterday. Grabbed five, dropped five in and then my son saw the box. He added a fly and grabbed a fly as well. He forgot to tag his fly, it kind of looks like a yellow and black crayfish. Kerusso the box is heading your way. The foam inserts helped a lot with keeping the flies organized and making it easier to select flies.

Thanks for the heads up Rich. My flies are tied and I'm looking forward to seeing the flies. I'll let you all know when the box arrives.

Will and Gage,

Got both of you gys added to the materials swap....this is gonna be good...gonna leave the sign up open for a few more days as I had "work situations" to deal with and still have to get a few things together for the first mailing.

For all those participating in the mystery material swap, get to mailing your stuff!!!

The mystery box arrived today. Have not gone through it yet; will do so later tonight. I'll let you know what I found. Box will be shipped back out tomorrow.

Another great selection of flies everyone. I've gone through and picked out a few and added a few more than I took out. Great selection! Steve, I'll be dropping the box off at the PO tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

BugN,

Received your box....great stuff in there....shaping up to have enough materials for at least three rounds...will be re-reading the posts and starting a new thread for the material swap....Closing the swap as of today. Just waiting on the other participants and we will be getting this kicked off!!

great job moving the box ,guys. Should have the flies on their way to Casting for Recovery in the next day or so.

Nothing like getting ready for a typical southern californee day, smoke in the air from a local mountain fire and expecting the temps around 110. It could get worse, huh cencalfly, a guy could be stranded in the high sierras, with nothing to do but wet a fly or two and admire the awesome beauty of the mountains.Nice to dream a little.

Have a great weekend ,where ever you are.

Wow, this swap is busy,

Pat Carroll

heres the latest update.

1. rich5665 - new jersey -received the box

2. kerusso - north carolina - received the box

3. bassbugn - virginia - on the bubble

4. flyfisher13 - kentucky

5. bigdaddyhub - kentucky

6. aroostookbasser - maine

7. smalltownfisherman - wisconsin

8. cencalfly - california

9. will - pennsylvania