Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Hard

Might be moving again

I went in to pay my rent today and everything went smooth. Then before I left there was the "one more thing" I said oh oh to myself, what did I do. The one more thing was that, a bigger corner apartment has become available. Larger windows and one on each side of the building. All around larger apartment. Same rent, one thing that really made me do the hell ya fist pump was a double kitchen sink, (only a single here).

There will also be a lot more room to set up a new tying station. I will have the same neighbours and same address just a different apt. number. The only thing I have to do is make sure my apartment is clean. I can handle that, I have a lot of loose ends to tie up and a few things on the go. It will be a lot of work, as moving always is but I am thinking I am going for it. :yahoo: Every now and then something good does happen. Now to get rid of this cold, and get at it.

i hate moving too, but if its for bigger and better, its not so bad. rental charges on the truck should be cheap enough. good luck daryn.

insert theme song for "the jeffersons" here.

Sounds like a positive move Daryn. Congrat's.

I hear you on the hate moving thing Mike it's the pits. Especially if it's a long distance move. We moved up here to cheticamp in October 06 over 200km's, and will be moving again come late fall, most likely to Port Hawkesbury, Antigonish, or where ever my unemployed ass finds a new job.

I like the sound of BIG windows and bigger space for fly tying.

Good luck with everything and hope you get over that damn cold soon.

All the Best,

Damian.

Too cool, and shouldn't be too tough to do within the same building. Maybe rent a big furniture moving dolly to help you do it efficiently. Biggest thing is packing up all the little junk... moving a couch is easy. Moving a kitchen is hard.

Feel better! I'm just getting over a bout of strep myself.

used to live in an apartment building, and moved from one unit to another.......its amazing what you can do with shopping carts :D

I got a game cart so that will help. I am looking forward to it now. I dont think I will have to rush, the hardest thing will be getting started. The annual town spring garbage clean up is soon so that will help. This move will also pass the days before the good fishing starts. I am hoping to start lugging things I dont use by the weekend, a little bit at a time.

I like the idea of a shopping cart, it might be worth lugging up and down the stairs

good luck JH. sounds like a good deal.

Brewer, i wont be able to stop humming that song for a week now!

I was singing the moving on up song, now I am committed. The Sanford and Son song has begun. I went in the vacant apartment and took rough measurements, swept the place with a coarse bristle broom and dropped a bomb. A bug bomb. I sprayed everything down with two kinds of raid. One kind the can was almost empty so I used that first and mainly in the closets and rooms with doors. I then used the other more full can throughout. holding my breath as I opened the closed doors and closing them behind me as I left. I am going to take the key back and stay out of there until after the weekend then give it a little touch up cleaning here and there. After that the fun begins. I'll post a picture of my new tying area when I get it set up.

Look forward to seeing it Joe, and I wish you the very best of luck in the move. It is a pain in the bum but at least it forces you to clean out junk you don't need (until after you threw it out) and to get stuff organised that you never seem to get around to....

I moved across the street once and it was no easier that moving interstate - you still have to pack everything, and the drive part isn't too hard. At least I could drive my cars and bikes there and walk back for the next one!

That's awesome, bigger is better especially when it costs the same. Good luck on you move, and the cold.

Ashby