Fly Tying
Sean Juan

Spook Fly

When I saw the name I was hoping it was what I thought it was (uh, yeah, what I said....)!! Great fly!!!

Am I missing something in this view? The eye tells me this fly is either lying on it's right or left side, which means the hook should be on the top or the bottom. Where's the hook?

Oh, and the link just takes me back to the forums page ...

Am I missing something in this view? The eye tells me this fly is either lying on it's right or left side, which means the hook should be on the top or the bottom. Where's the hook?

You are missing something. With tube flies, the leader is passed through the tube and tied to a hook when fishing.

With this method of fly tying no hook is used in actually tying the fly. The materials are tied to the tube and not the hook

shank.

You're looking at the left side of the fly, the hook is stuck into the vest. Stippled must have been painting to many flies and is seeing dots instead of curved hook lines. ;)

Kirk

You're looking at the left side of the fly, the hook is stuck into the vest. Stippled must have been painting to many flies and is seeing dots instead of curved hook lines. ;)

Kirk

Kirk

Kirk: You must be right. Too much Thanksgiving cheer too early in the day.