Fly Tying
Mokai

Macro Photography....

Graham, I recognize that......it is my favorite one of yours! I especially like it because months ago when i showed my wife....she freaked out!!! :D

Thanks Oatka, I was studying photos of the spider this afternoon because today I accepted an order to tye flies, three different ones, and this camel spider is one of them. The bummer is, I have almost all of my realistic/art flies, except for the three wanted by a collector, which I gave to friends. I'll be skipping work for the rest of the week to tye flies. I'm actually looking forward to it, got started an hour ago.

BTW.. I used a 105 macro to take the spider pic.

Yes Graham, I remember that fly very well. In fact I was just looking at it today. I can still look at it all the time and just not run out of things to look at on it. If you need some pics for a reference let me know and I'll get them ASAP.

Ashby

Wow this thread had turned out fantastic..

I came home from work today to find this hanging out in the front yard..

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Now those are some killer shots. I like the shots from under the mantis, did you happen to use syrup to bribe him to stand still as well :hyst: :hyst: Nice shots. Hey Graham, here are some flies for ya lol. I actually like the one with the shadow a lot.

Ashby

post-3929-1190776621_thumb.jpg

post-3929-1190776654_thumb.jpg

Graham, that last photo is pretty awesome looking. It really looks like you made the one photo whit a bunch of small photos, very cool looking, love it!

Ashby

Thanks for sharing Jay, I'll never get tired of looking at mayflies, they are so cool looking, especially the wings and eyes.

Wow Mokai, those are some real close up macro's, and very interesting and beautiful. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I'm a sucker for smooth backgrounds and your grasshopper image is superb. The critter is looking right at the lens, and I bet you captured this image just before it bolted. Very cool stuff, all of them, and the berry looks delicious.

Graham

Hi Mokai,

Last night on the news they were showing a snow storm in Oregon, I think it was Mt Hood. I bet photos of the fesh snow would look awesome.

For the past few Saturdays I've been hanging out in China town with my son, the food is great and the stores and supermarkets are fascinating. They have everything from duck tounges to live turtles and whole frozen armadillos. I think next time I'll bring a camera and try to get some macro shots that would be hard to figure out what was photographed. lol...

Here are some pics I got while fishing the other day, and today while at soccer with the kids. I went to a little town called Downieville to fish the north fork of the Yuba River. This is one of my favorite spots to fish. Great scenery, fishing...everything. Anyway, I caught 14 trout, missed 8, lost 2 and lost only one fly...not that anyone is counting lol.

post-3929-1191125381_thumb.jpg

post-3929-1191125465_thumb.jpg

post-3929-1191125548_thumb.jpg

This hopper looks like the rock in color, and he is a little over 1/8 in length. There were a few of them on this rock, first time I have ever seen them.

post-3929-1191125619_thumb.jpg

post-3929-1191125658_thumb.jpg

This little guy I found at my son's soccer game, cool looking little stink bug

post-3929-1191125688_thumb.jpg

This little thing, I have no idea what it is. The wife and I looked everywhere and could not find it. This thing is about 1/8 inch long. Can you imagine being his size and him deciding you are dinner, I think I'll stay my size.

post-3929-1191125714_thumb.jpg

post-3929-1191125736_thumb.jpg

Ashby