Fly Tying
Graham

Cool Development

I've had a nice surprise; one of my photos will be the cover shot for the Nov/Dec issue of American Angler magazine. Now I'm even more psyched about my upcoming two week brownie trip!!!

Graham

WOW thats a great shot. Where was it taken at. I actually get American Angler so I guess you picture will be hitting my mail box very soon

Justin

Congratulations, thats a great shot and they're right, cover worthy material.. Now I'll just have to pick up a copy.

I'm not a big American Angler fan but I will be buying this copy for sure! Awesome news Graham and a well deserving spot for such a spectacular photo!

Thanks Damian, I'm a big Canadian Fly Fisher fan, it's a great read, and I had a cover shot on that magazine as well, Nick holding a huge brownie. I wish more people enjoyed magazines from across the border, lots of interesting and enticing locations to learn about, and American Angler is a good one.

Thanks again!

Graham

Congrats!

I hope they realize how many extra copies they will sell because of your work on this site!

How much to get one autographed? :D

Now THAT'S a fish!

Graham...very good framing of the fish and rod/reel. The only thing I can find wrong with the photo is I didn't catch it :D Have fun in NY! Post reports if you can.

Enjoy!

Thom

Thanks Jim, Mike and Thom, you guys are making my smile even bigger.

Mike, I'll be seeing you in a few weeks, I would be honored to sign your magazine.

And I like the Chris Carlin rod in the photo, looks almost as pretty as the fish.

Actually, this photo means a lot to me, it was the culmination of several cool developments in the past year. I tyed and sent a red spider to England last year to be photographed for an advertisement for House of Hardy and when the spider was shipped back, they sent me a Hardy Angel 7/8 as a thank you.

I traded an emerging dragonfly and invited Chris Carlin to fish with me last fall, and Chris custom built the magnificent bamboo fly rod specifically for the trip. I was so excited when I finally landed the steelhead, and I handed the fish and rod to Chris to hold while I photographed it.

Graham

Graham!!!!!!

Congrats- great pic !!!!!!!!!!

I've had a few pics in AA over the past couple of years , no cover mind you:))) then again I don't fish for trout:))). Phil Monahan and the folks at Morris are a delight to deal with.

I have to agree Canadian Fly Fisher is a great mag., though, I hav'nt had anything in there. Guess I have to get better:))).

There is also Fly Fusion in Canada, if you are looking to publish, though their , art direction seems a little less

solid/focused than AA or CFF.

Will