Fly Tying
aroostookbasser

Wish To Apologize

Dear fellow tyers... it has come to my attention that I failed to contribute flies to a swap. I was unaware that the swap was to actually occur. I was offline for awhile... do to a move...an unexpected one. My house was sold out from under me and we had to relocate sudden like. Pat Carrol can attest to the fact that I would not knowingly do such a thing. I vaguely remember some discussions either here at FTF or elsewhere about a Nascar swap...in which I said I'ld like to try a Tony Stewart Fly. I checked my mail from time to time at the local library and never saw a notice, this or any other swap was to occur.

If I did in fact fail to provide what was agreed.....I AM TRULY SORRY!!!!

You should know........ I became aware of this oversight when"a person who shall remain nameless" posted it on another forum trying to have me "blackballed"/ banned or whatever. NOT COOL !!!!!

AGAIN>>>>>>>>IF I FAILED TO CONTRIBUTE WHAT WAS REQUIRED>>THERE WERE EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES..........I AM SORRY !!!

The posting was deleted due to it's malicious nature..... proven by the fact the poster joined solely to post this defaming remark. I know he is here........ I see his name in the roster. I apologize for posting this rant.... but I wanted to APOLOGIZE !!!! PLease forgive my oversight....... good fishing.

Punishable by death! or you can start send your rods fly boxes and other miscalanious equipment to uhhh. ME! And Ill get you all taken care of! It truly is your only shot of not becoming blackballed by the likes of SD! (ooo Ouch!!) Na seriously Poo happens we all step in it now and then. You were in a swap of mine and I had no problem other than the flies got all tore up by some evil bass! But the fact that you maned up tells me that we all should find water under the bridge!!!

arootookbasser more than held up to his commitment to the mystery swap . Hopefully things get straightened out, we are in the fly tying time of the year!!!

have a good one

Pat Carroll

I'll vouch for aroostookbasser too, based on the mystery swap. Great flys, of which I have a few :rolleyes: .....and, yes, like Pat said he more than held up his end on that the first time around. Life happens, I vote no to a ban on him.

I would hope that everyone who participates in swaps understands there are sudden things that come up. They are unavoidable, unwelcome, and sometimes tragic. I'm all for a person getting their flies tied and in on time --- I think we all are. But I also think there are circumstances that are far more important than getting some flies tied for a swap. In spite of one dissenting voice I hope arootookbasser continues swapping and tying. I'm certainly not one for banning another for one missed swap.

Arootookbasser, your apology seems heartfelt and complete. Hope things are going well for you and your family. You can't change what has happened and your apology was more than sufficient (IMHO). If there are those who want to kick you when your down, then shame on them.

I have not participated in a swap for a while, but absolutely things come up.

I have been holding off on this post but after discussions that had been had over the last few years want to say this ULTIMATELY THE SUCCESS OF THE SWAP IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SWAPMEISTER

If a swapper does not get their flies there by the deadline of a swap I run then you can be sure they will be getting back a box of exactly what they sent me because the other flies will be back on their way to the people that were able to complete the swap on time. There is no point in getting worked up, pissed off, or start acting like a stalker...it's a fly swap. It is unfortunate when something comes up and causes a person to be unable to fulfill their part of the deal, but it does happen and generally nobody feels worse about it than the 'offending party'. That being said...the only time that becomes an issue to the rest of the swap is if the 'meister allows it.

Redwings is right - for pete's sake, it's a fly swap, not rocket surgery. It's supposed to be an enjoyable part of this activity, not a life or death thing. Doo Doo happens, and if someone cannot understand that, they should find something else to occupy their time. That is probably the feeling of 99.9% of the swappers.

Don't lose any sleep over it aroostookbasser.

Hey chase creek

its either rocket science or brain surgery hehe :j_k:

unless there is something I dont know about

HAHA :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

NA ....I say hang him from a tree and whip him till Sage and Ridderbos get married and have kids!!!!! :hyst: