Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Rod raffle drawing

Since I have all the money accounted for now. I will be doing the drawing tonight to see who the winner of the rod is. I was going to have Will use a computer program he has to do it, but instead I am going to just do it randomly myself. I have everyones name that bought tickets written down and I gave each ticket a number. In other words if you bought one ticket you have 1 number if you bought 3 you have 3 numbers (such as 12-13-14) etc etc etc. Then my famuily is coming over here in a bit and I am just gonna put all the slips with number on them in a big bowl and let my 10yr old niece reach in and pull one out, and whatever number on that ticket matches to a name on the paper I have is the winner. That should be a very random way to do it.

So in about an hour the winner will be announced. Thanks to everyone that bought tickets. I got in contact with a group called "Operation up link" which will be recieving the money I collected in the next 2 days and making sure phone cards are bought for troops and sent to where they are most needed.

Steve

i did not switch all of them with Just one that says

Luke Jones

:)

i ain't gettin excited about it, i ain't never ever won anything in my 49 years on this earth and i don't think things are chnaging at this age,

Bud

Okay now I feel funny even posting this because I just clicked on and saw your reply Bud...but..FROM TFF-

Okay gentelman we have a winner!

First off....again, everyone that helped to make sure a solider (man or women) could call home by buying a raffle ticket is a winner in my opinion, but we have a winner of the rod now.

The winner of the custom built GATTI 905-2 which is a 9' 5wt 2pc Gatti rod which will be built very much like the one in the pic below is............

Ticket #16 which is - Bud Guidry

Bud thanks for taking part (as thanks to all of you!) and contact me when you see this and we'll discuss your new fly rod! Hopefully you have a use for a 5wt down there in Lousiana :unsure: ;)

IPB Image

LOL!~ You got to be kidding!! LOL!

Way to go Guidry!!!

What goes around comes around Bud, your generosity and good will is coming back to you. Congratulations!!!

Damian...would it wrong of me to say I forgot to include the winner needs to send me 6 Artistic salmon flies in a shadow bow to claim his prize? because i forgot to include that in the original post :hyst: :hyst:

way to go Bud! You Da Man...... :headbang:

Be sure to let us know how that new rod works out for you when you get it out on the water.

Thanks Steeldrifter, hope a lot of familys get a good long well deseved call this holiday season.

Don

you have got to be kidding me right. this is unreal and for someone thats never won anything ever. steve, i'm off to my place in mississippi in abit but i will call you my friend, tell your niece shes my lucky charm and i can hook you up with some flies , no problem

can i call you tommorow during the day? i'll call while i'm on the road in the mourning.

thanks guys

i can't believe this

Bud

I don't believe it!!! Congrats Bud!! If you want Bud, you can send the new rod up to me and I'll teach it how to fish so you don't have to!!!

way to go Bud...Congrats

And to STEVE...aka Steeldrifter :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: for putting this together

mike :D

Damian...would it wrong of me to say I forgot to include the winner needs to send me 6 Artistic salmon flies in a shadow bow to claim his prize? because i forgot to include that in the original post :hyst: :hyst:

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

steve sorry it took so long to finish the flybox I promised as a prize for the raffle but with christmas coming I been busy with everything I am going to mail it out wednesday but here is a few pics of it

post-10925-1198272530_thumb.jpg

front

post-10925-1198272695_thumb.jpg

back

post-10925-1198272806_thumb.jpg

inside

good luck to everyone the overall measurements are 4 inches wide 6 inches long and 1.75 inches thick

ok steve, i'm back but will be leaving again in a couple days and i'm still freaking out that i won the rod hehehehe

i'll give you a call before i leave again, Bud