Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fishaholic69

anyone get some good fly gear for x-mas!

anyone get anything good this year? I made out pretty good this year! I got a pair of breathable waders and a pair of hip waders, I got a full color page book on fly tying,under armour cold gear and a new digital camera so I can take close ups of my flys I tied. plus the planet earth dvd collection. also got a fly box and a 50 dollar gift card for gander mountain! happy holidays for me I guess!!!! was anyone else as lucky?

lucky you! I need a magnifyer! I always tie without one and and a lil dizzy afterwards from looking at the small flies! I will have to pick me one up.

No, but my wife got a pair of multi-colored socks that the dog chewed a hole in before she was able to get the tags off, so I won't be needing any yarn for a while. She also got a great looking scarf that the pooch hasn't found yet. Hmmmmm......

gift certificate to Feather-Craft and saw buck towards a new rod build. And a nice bottle of Patro'n . And my favorites were the smiles I got for giving.

I got a bunch of tungsten beads, hooks, 2 DVD's, some leaders, tippet and a few odds and ends. My folks send me a check and I buy what I need. Works great that way. :yahoo:

Mike

Got an ott light and a a digital camera recorder :yahoo: dang thing is small it almost looks like a toy but a really good toy.....does movies and still photos 5.0 megapixel with lots of buttons i dont understand yet......now have to get the mount for my bow so I can use it in that too..already made that request...But the best part of the day was watching my 6 and 2 year old rip into their stuff my 16yr old daughter in visiting was a having a blast watching them too...We had a really good day

Hope everyone had a merry christmas.

I got some new fishing gear.

My son got me a pair of Simms L2 Wading Boots and a pair of sun gloves.

IPB Image

IPB Image

My daughter got me a new pair of Cabela's Dry-Plus Breathable Stockingfoot Waders.

IPB Image

Not a bad haul if you ask me.

The only thing I got for fly tying.....well....nothing...unless you count the shoe box I could use for storage? ;)

I didn't do too bad, i got a cliff's bugger beast, 2 packages of bird fur, a flytying bag, and some money from grandma that has allowed me to have enough for this:http://www.orvis.com/store/Product_Choice.asp?pf_id=94A4&prodgroupid=95483&item_index=0&dir_id=758&group_id=759&cat_id=5986&subcat_id=7343

http://www.orvis.com/store/Product_Choice....;subcat_id=7644

http://www.orvis.com/store/Product_Choice....;subcat_id=6008

And mind you that i have been saving for a while :)

I got a new breathable wading jacket, the Fly Tyers Dungeon Christmas gift box, several pieces Under Armour and a Fishpond Sweetwater Reel Case