Fly Tying
Wulff

Water and Ice

Been trying something a bit different the last few weeks. Part of that hase been trying to get some Ice/water/sunrise shots and once the suns too high for my intentions, its off chasing Coyotes.

Still a work in progress as I look for some ice along the North Shore, trying to cCombine all the elements of winter blues skies, warm sun light, ice, water and wave action (wind). Been a couple times Ive been a few inches in the water trying to get what Im looking for, have been sprayed as well. Nothing like ice forming on the clothers to tell oneself your nuts :)

Heres a few

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is the closest to what Im envisioning but would have liked the wave action to be more violent

IPB Image

Those are very nice photos. I love the way the sun rays are coming through the clouds on the first two, and I really like the colors in the last one.

Ashby

Those are beautiful, Wulff!

I was on the Texas Gulf Coast this last weekend and saw Ontario license plates on cars and motorhomes of people who have come south to get away from that!

Ray

Great work John..I think that #2 is my favorite, but they are all nice...

Awesome photos. I vote for the first one as my favorite. Then I'm new so what do I know :P

The last one is my favorite. I can't wait to see more...

Also wanted to mention the whitetail deer photos in your gallery are amazing. I love watching and hunting whitetail and you do a wonderful job of capturing them.

Thaks all.

Troutgeek, if you we're to say that in front of my wife she'd think your the worlds biggest fool :)

Frogfish.

As a matter of fact yes, I've concidered bracketing them and then tring my hand at HDR but 2 things are stopping me.

1st) I'm not much of a landscape shooter. Its something I do once in a while to keep things fresh and to further my progress overall. So when I do go out with landscapes in mind I'm trying to keep things simple so as to learn the basics first. Because I'm underexposing these a bit either to capture sun rays or wave action they would certainly benefit from bracketing but that for somewhere down the road when I feel more accomplished at the basics.

2nd) I'm not fooling or exagerating when I say Ive put myself in precarious positions trying to getthese early morning shots. While the photos dont really show it, the rocks and such are all slick with ice and I have litteraly stepped into a few inches of near frozen water to get better angles and have even kissed the water line with the bottom of my camera body for low angle shots.

Add some wave action which I really want and all combined when is -5 to -20, its really not condusive to setting up on a tripod :) I have literally stepped out of the water only tohave ice form on my pants within moments and have been soaked by spray.

This was a deleted shot at first as I wasn't happy wth it but I recovered it just ...well I'll let the shot speak for itself

Tripod friendly enviroment this isnt :) and waves on Lake O can get alot bigger :)

IPB Image