Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Vito1

FINALLY!

I purchased a Cannon XTi yesterday evening! I ended up choosing the XTi over the XT and Nikon D40. Can't wait to start shooting with it. All together, I spent more than I planned but isn't that the way it always goes. ;) If anyone has some Cannon advice, I'm all ears.

what! you mean there's a chance that your photos might improve? I thought that was impossible, they have always looked great! Can't wait to see what new ones come our way....yes, I said OUR way, because you know you better post photos or else we'll all attack you next time you are hooked into a steelhead!

Boy, the new cameras are really flying off the shelves around here. Hope it gives you a lot of pleasure Matt, and don't worry about justifying the expense - just think of what golfers spend on greens fees, or what the guys with the big boats spend on an annual basis - photography is cheap by comparison, and in the end, you'll have something to show for it besides a bunch of golf stories nobody's gonna believe anyway.

Congrats Matt..Glad you finally got one as I know you have been wanting one for quite some time...Look forward to seeing you results..

Good on ya Vito! I own the same camera. If you need any help let me know. One thing that I have found to be really nice for the XTi is the extended battery grip. It has made a huge difference in the feel of the camera and has been a great "Addition" to the camera.

I look forward to seeing all your photos with the new cam! I am exited for you.

Thanks guys and thanks Jay for offering the help. I'm sure I'll take you up on that offer. I've been running around like a little kid since buying it. I think I'm starting to annoy some co-workers with the constant picture taking. :lol:

Grats Vito. New hardware is always fun.

The XTi is a great body to start with. A few limitations with iso and af (in servo mode) but outside of that its a great way to start.

Next comes the glass addictions :)

Then accessories

Then a new dog when the wife boots you

Have fun and if I can help ask away.

Vito,

I have been lurking on the photography corner for a while and have recently been asking about an entry level dSLR. Your past pics have been awesome and I am suprised that you have only now bought a dslr - and that you bought an entry level camera.

So, with your level of ability is the XTi enough camera for you? If it is, I'm sure it would be more than enough for me.

Also, what were you using before?

Thanks!

The XTi is more than enough camera for me. I still have a lot to learn about it and I'm having fun doing it. I also looked at the XT and the Nikon D40, but both seemed like a body I would want to replace in a few years. I don't feel that way about the XTi and I felt like it was worth the extra money.

Most of the fishing photos you see on here are still taken with my Canon S3 point and shoot. Its smaller and much easier to carry while fishing.

You mean I can get the kind of photos you've been posting on my P&S?? I thought you were using a DSLR already!!! Thanks for the inspiration. I had no clue.

Keep us posted on your thoughts on the camera.

Very cool Matt, now I also can't wait to see the new pics. You have always taken some great pictures, and I think they are just going to get better. Also, Matt, or someone else, you message me on how in the world you guys make your own photo sites? Matt, yours is pretty cool.

Ashby

Also, Matt, or someone else, you message me on how in the world you guys make your own photo sites? Matt, yours is pretty cool.

Ashby

Thanks Ashby. I designed my site in photoshop and used html and php for the programming. There are some plug 'n play, predesigned and programmed sites out there. That would be the easiest route. I'm sure you can google some sites that provide them. Some probably require a monthly fee but still would be much cheaper than having a site designed.