Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap #4, Sinkers!

Mine finally showed up yesterday. Thanks everyone for the nice set of flies and thanks to the SM for hosting.

Winefly

Ours arrived and Jimmy is very, very excited to get these wet!! If I wasn't suffering from Strep, there's a place we'd have taken them today.

The weather is supposed to be awful tomorrow, so he and I have plans to clear the dining room table so we can organize/fill our flyboxes!

I know I just added a big ole gaudy bugger to you guys gill box . For those of you who fish for trout this fly is probably worthless.But for its intended purpose of catching gills I think if you give this fly a chance you will be surprised.This color combination has worked well in clean and stained water. This is not an ego fly . I did not create it and I'm not looking for a pat on the back. But this is a very effective fly that should be in everyones box.Fish it fast for bass , slow for gills even slower for crappie.Give it a try and let me know .

Fred

I got mine last week and these flies are outstanding! Forgive me for letting y'all know so late but I've been running crazy. This is a great selection of flies and I'll be copying several of them for sure. Thanks for hosting breambuster, and thanks to everybody for the quality flies.

Got the flys today. I hope to be in a swap with all of you again soon. :yahoo: :yahoo:

These are a group of great ties. Thanks again for hosting BB.

I usually don't fish swap flies but save them as models so I know what they are supposed

to look like. I already tied a dozen sharks caddis this after noon. What a slick pattern! I can't

wait to try the others.

If any one wants to do a cajun tickler they were originally tied by kayakflyfisher and

are in the data base. Seadog I don't recognize the material you used for the back on your fly. :dunno:

Care to give a hint?

It was a great swap!

tight lines and heavy creels

-Tom

Got the flys today. I hope to be in a swap with all of you again soon. :yahoo: :yahoo:

These are a group of great ties. Thanks again for hosting BB.

I usually don't fish swap flies but save them as models so I know what they are supposed

to look like. I already tied a dozen sharks caddis this after noon. What a slick pattern! I can't

wait to try the others.

If any one wants to do a cajun tickler they were originally tied by kayakflyfisher and

are in the data base. Seadog I don't recognize the material you used for the back on your fly. :dunno:

Care to give a hint?

It was a great swap!

tight lines and heavy creels

-Tom

Iowaflyguy,

The material on the back is 1/16th inch sewing ribbon. I found it at Hobby Lobby. It comes in many colors and is very durable.

Now that RDL has his box of flies, this concludes this swap. All except for fishing the flies, sharing insights, materials, etc. You guys can do that for as long as you want. But I always like to make a few final comments when the last flies are back in the hands of the swappers and my job is finally completed.

I want to thank all of you for participating in this swap. You are all a great group of swappers and I would be delighted and honored to swap with any and all of you again. Thanks for doing such a great job and making my task as the "Meister" such a pleasant experience.

Good luck to all and Take Care

BB