Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sherrib

It's official Childrens Swap

Steeldrifter says I can go ahead and host it so here it is. Childrens Swap age 16 and under. Any fly you want to tie. Due date May 1st. Sherri B

1. Grace age 9 Brown San Juan Worm size 14 done :D Complete

2. Mswaterfowler age 13 Foam Beetle received :D Complete

3.Aspeno age 11 Bead Head Bugger received :D Complete

4.Mwtroutbum Jr. age 7 Hairwing Skykomish Sunrise recieved :D Complete

5.June Bug age 7 Streamer received :D Complete

6. Butterfly Coyote Tail recieved :D Complete

Okay swap is closed. If we have more that want in, we will just do another one!

Thanks a bunch Sherri B. This is my first swap

Sherri....my daughters screenname is Junebug...and she'll most likely be doing a bugger or some other streamer... :D

How many will we need?

I thought we would limit it to 5-6 swappers. That way it wouldn't be too much for them getting started. If we have more interested than that we can always do another one. :D Sherri B

I thought we would limit it to 5-6 swappers. That way it wouldn't be too much for them getting started. If we have more interested than that we can always do another one. :D Sherri B

Sounds good....I'll probably have her tie just a few extra just in case one or two more want in... :D

I have sent you a PM with my address. Thanks, I am looking foward to seeing your beetles. Sherri B

OK she chose a variation of the red fox squirrel nymph. We have 4 done this is her first time using dubbing so far so good! we called the fly "the coyote tail"

Update...Junior has chosen a Hairwing Skykomish Sunrise..............after I picked up my jaw from the tying bench top we tied up 2......Not bad, Not bad at all really...lol :D :D

Wow sounds like we are going to have some great flies! My daughter has 3 of hers done. Looking forward to seeing all these. Sherri B

All of my beetles are done, and they will be in the mail tomorrow. I went to a local pond with one of them i tied last week and absolutely slayed the 'gills, including a 9" shellcracker. :headbang:

Wow that was fast! Can't wait to see them, Grace will enjoy catching some gills in our pond with them! Sherri B

Sheri,

make sure you charge the batteries in your digital camera, cause ya know we all want to see the pics

Ill see if I can get the "big sister" to take the pictures for me. I am not very good with the camera and computer thing but will try my best as soon as we get some flies in. I think the only one I haven't heard back from is Aspeno. Anxious to see them all, Sherri B