Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
airedale

SNOW!

Check out the Doppler. Pretty big storm going through Northern MN. And school's canceled tomorrow!

Unfortunately, that means I will be digging out relatives and friends all day...

Oh well, things will work themselves out, and I'll make some material money too.

We were in Hutchinson this weekend with family, and made the drive back to Sioux Falls today. Most of the storm went to the north and west, but what we got was enough. Everything from rain freezing on the road to snow blowing so hard I couldn't see the road off the hood of the car. Saw one guy that wedged his car between a lightpole and a streetlight, and another that wedged himself between a parked car and a large tree. It was a long ride home. Good luck up in your area, hope you don't have to go too far.

Deeky

We already got alot, and it's still coming, but not as hard any more... But school is canceled! ^_^

Stay warm tomorrow, the weather channel says that the windchill is going to be -32 tomorrow. Gotta love midwest weather, huh? Here in the Chicago suburbs, it was mid 40's all day, tomorrow, the high is 18. LOL.

Stay warm tomorrow, the weather channel says that the windchill is going to be -32 tomorrow. Gotta love midwest weather, huh? Here in the Chicago suburbs, it was mid 40's all day, tomorrow, the high is 18. LOL.

Kinda like here in joplin, the temp dropped over 50 degrees, it went from 72 degrees i kid you not to 19 degrees in 12 hours

Out here we only got about 8" yesterday, more coming tonight? Today started at -9 and rose to a balmy +8 and is at -1 now. We still have every-thing open. I give up???

[/font]Please, SEND RUM!

:dunno: :cheers: :drunk:

HAHA...

:cheers:

Just remember that booze only makes us think we are warm....and smart... :D

Stay warm fellas

Schools are closed here with 2 inches of snow (we don't see a lot of it, and it is 20 deg and slick)

Michael

just north of Eugene, Oregon

When your are on the verge of freezing to death, Alcohol actually makes you freeze to death faster,

making your extremitys (hands, feet, ears) feel more cofortable, but makes your core temperature drop like a rock.

just sayin' ;)

When your are on the verge of freezing to death, Alcohol actually makes you freeze to death faster,

making your extremitys (hands, feet, ears) feel more cofortable, but makes your core temperature drop like a rock.

just sayin'

Yeah, But you seem to care a lot less. :rolleyes:

I had to wear my neoprene waders and boots this morning while delivering routes (-9 windchills about -15). Do you think straight snow and ice will mess up the felt soles or any-thing? I had to ditch my hat because i was sweating too much in that get-up. I have some neo. socks/wader-inserts that i will try in the morning instead. The hardest part is that i can't wear gloves (too many keys, combo pad-locks and key-pads), so the first 20-30 minutes realy hurts the hands till the body adjusts. Luckily it is only a couple of hours.

OK, I should have written that thought out more...

Yeah, But you seem to care a lot less after a couple of rum & pepsis if you freeze to death or not. :rolleyes:

And since i use to do search and rescue for a local volunteer group i KNOW that alcohol will indead make you die quicker and/or easier. Saw a couple of homonid pop-sicles because of too much drink over the years. It just makes sitting around waiting for the thaw more entertaining...if you don't count the hang-over.