Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Step By Step Swap

Im gonna say TBD i dont know ho to do a tuturial but i have a pattern that i tie in mind should i just put some pictures in order and say in the first photo bla bla bla and in this sewcond photo bla bla bla etc right?

Great, Brian, Happy to have you aboard on this one. Yes, that's how a tutorial works. Post a picture of the materials you used and list them with the picture. Then post more pictures, in order, showing how you tied to fly and make a few comments explaining what you are doing in each picture. It's really easy.

Thanks for joining.

BB

I got a PM from Catalpa_Joe saying I didn't need 100 posts to be involved in a swap. I guess I misread something, anyways, I'm in. I'll tie a Gurgler. It's a mix of a wooly bugger and some foam on top.

Just so I'm clear, I tie 14 of these, all the same, correct?

I got a PM from Catalpa_Joe saying I didn't need 100 posts to be involved in a swap. I guess I misread something, anyways, I'm in. I'll tie a Gurgler. It's a mix of a wooly bugger and some foam on top.

Just so I'm clear, I tie 14 of these, all the same, correct?

Hi Steve. I was going to check on the 100 posts thing. I know that there are some rules that you have to meet to be a swapmeister, but not 100 posts, even then. So, GREAT! Welcome aboard. I'm glad you will be joining us.

A gurgler would be a good pattern for you to do, and yes, you tie up 14 gurglers. Make sure that are as alike as you can make them. Same size, same color, same materials, etc. When you get them tied up, put a "toe tag" on each one. A toe tag is just a little slip of paper that gives your name and the name of the pattern. I usually just do them on the computer. About a 14 font, double space between each one. Type it up a couple of times and then do a copy and paste until you have 14 of them. Cut them apart, and stick the point of the hook through them so that the toe tag hangs from the bend of the hook. Put them all in a crush-proof box. I use an "Altoids" box. But I've gotten them in all kinds of boxes. An Altoids box is about the right size, is light weight, and fits neatly into a mailing envelope. You will need to send me the box of flies and an SASE so I can get your set back to you. When you're ready, send me a personal message and I'll PM you back with my address.

Thanks for signing up, and don't hesitate to ask any questions you need to ask to make your first swap a successful one. After all, that's one of the main reasons we do fly swaps on this forum. To give all of us, and especially the newbies an opportunity to hone your tying skills. By the time you tie up 14 gurglers, you'll be pretty good at tying gurglers, and hopefully you will have learned a few tricks that will help you with your next pattern. I usually tie up more than the required number, send the best and fish the rest.

Take care

BB

I'm in BB. Think I'll tie some sort of foam spider.

Hey, Ncbluegills. It's great to hear from you. I was hoping you would get in on this one. I am delighted that you will be joining us. It's wonderful to be back with "old friends" again. Even though we've never met, personally, there are guys on this list that I think of as friends who enrich my life. There are many, but you are one of them.

Take care

BB

I'm in BB. Think I'll tie some sort of foam spider.

Hey, Ncbluegills. It's great to hear from you. I was hoping you would get in on this one. I am delighted that you will be joining us. It's wonderful to be back with "old friends" again. Even though we've never met, personally, there are guys on this list that I think of as friends who enrich my life. There are many, but you are one of them.

Take care

BB

Same here BB. I may have fun attaching the pic for this swap since I live in the sticks and all we have is dial-up but were going to give it a try. May just have to attach them from work. Just don't tell on me.... :rolleyes:

I understand about dial-up, ncbluegills. At my old location I had dial-up and the connect speed was 26.4K. But I did a step by step and also posted all those pictures from previous swaps, so it can be done. It just take a while and you have to be patient, but you can do it.

I have DSL at my new location and it's great! I only have the 2nd from the slowest DSL connection, but the difference between 100.0K and 26.4K is amazing! Someone posted, on another board here, the web address for 3 years worth of a fly tying show that is shown on PBS in the state of Washington, and I've watched a good many of them. It's just like watching TV! I could have never done that on dial-up.

Take care

BB

I'm sure it will be attach a pic, tie a fly, attach a pic, tie a fly, but will get it done.

Take care and looking foward as always to some new bluegill candy for the spring. :D