Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Step By Step Swap

Deadline: Feb 15, 2009 THIS SWAP IS FULL AND SIGN UP IS CLOSED!

Hi Fellow Swappers

I am finally in a position to post another Bluegill Swap, and what I have planned for this one ought to be really exciting. We are going to do a Bluegill Step By Step Swap. This swap will be limited to an absolute maximum of 15 tiers, and those of you who have tied with me before know that I will hold to the 15 so if you want in, you'd better get in quick.

Here are the rules. Each swapper will tie up 14 flies. I will not be sending you your own fly back to you. Anything over 14 will be considered an extra for the swapmeister. Each swapper will send the flies in a crush-proof box with a Self-addressed, Stamped envelope with sufficient postage for me to get your flies back to you.

In addition to mailing in the flies, each swapper will post on the "Step By Step Patterns And Tutorials" board of this website a step-by-step description, with pictures, of how you tied your fly. The "Step By Step Patterns And Tutorials" board can be found here:

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showforum=56

The dead line for having your flies to me and also having your Step By Step posted will be February 15. I'm giving that much time so you have time to tie them up and post the Step By Step.

If you want to participate, reply with "I'm in," and the pattern you want to tie. If you need a day or two to decide, reply with "TBD" (To Be Determined) and let me know your pattern when you can. When you are ready to put your flies in the mail, let me know and I'll PM you my addy. I have moved since my last swap so you will need to get the new address.

So get out your tying materials and your digital camera and let's have a great swap.

DEADLINE: Feb 15, 2009 Limited To 15 Swappers!

1. Breambuster: Breaminator - Completed

2. Catalpa Joe: Crystal Butt Hopper - Received - Completed

3. Seadog: E Z Bug - Received - Completed

4. Nealbo: TBD - Received - Completed

5. Dnthmn: TBD - Received - Completed

6. Purolohi Kalastaja: Beetle- Received - Completed

7. Ronc23: Black Ant

8. Student4ev4: TBD - Completed

9. Brian Brown75: Brian's Bluegill Bug - Completed

10. Steve: Gurgler - Addy Sent

11. Ncbluegills - Foam Spider - Received - Completed

12. Floyd - Gill-er Bug - Received - Completed

13. Batman - Sunken Madam X - Received - Completed

14. Houndog - March Brown Spider - Received - Completed

15. Phishtales - Cricket - Received - Completed

DEADLINE: FEB 15, 2009 THIS SWAP IS NOW FULL AND SIGN UP IS CLOSED!

Thanks Dnthmn. You don't know how good it is to be back! Thanks for signing up for this one. It's going to be great to have the chance to swap with you again.

BB

Hi PK. It's great to have you in on this one. I'm thrilled that you decided to join. It ought to be a really good one. Not only some great flies, but a chance to learn how to tie some new patterns.

Take care

BB

Alright,

I've been out for a while so I'll break out the tying material. I'll do a black ant. I really had some great success last year with this fly.

I don't have 100 posts, so I can't be in, but I think this is a great idea. Way to increase the activity in the Step-by-Step section. :yahoo:

Two more great swappers! Hey Ronc23 and Student4evr! I am delighted to be adding to more excellent tiers to the swap. Thanks for joining. This is going to be a really great and fun swap.

Eight in and only seven more spots open! We're over half-way there. If anyone is undecided, you'd better jump in now while there's still room.

Take care

BB