Fly Tying
sherrib

Hopper Swap

Wow some great looking flies and thanks for posting the step by step. The reason I hosted this swap was because I wanted to learn to tie some hoppers. Can't wait to get them. My address is 6500 N. 49th St E Ft. Gibson Ok 74434

I didn't realize postage was going up again. But if it cost a bit more, no worrys I will still send them all out.

Thanks

Sherri B

Looks like we are truely swapping flies....my hoppers left for OK this morning as well. Thanks for hosting!

Received MontanaBounds today, these are really nice flies. Can you send the recipe? Sherri B :yahoo:

Received MontanaBounds today, these are really nice flies. Can you send the recipe? Sherri B :yahoo:

Hook- Dai-Riki #280 size 6 hopper hook

body- gray poly-floating yarn

wing- Natural Turkey Quill

post- poly-floating yarn

head- possum dubbing

hackle- brown

Legs- Pheasant Tail

That was an interesting swap. Never tied a hopper pattern before. it was a lot of fun. tried to pick out a few colors or close to what i see around here. the ones we get here a a little darker gray than what i tied with but close enough.

Thanks for this great swap :thumbup:

You are welcome. Those are really good to be your first hopper. I hope to tie some soon. Sherri B

Added mine to the database.

Thanks a bunch I will check it out. I haven't tied a hopper before, they look hard but am looking forward to trying it out! Sherri B

Been gone all weekend but when I got home this pm Satchmos flies were here. Very nice and thank you for the extras. :thumbsup:

Recieved Professoris today as always these are a very nice tie! Thanks a bunch :thumbsup:

Recieved Keiths flies today. I am assuming that is Pastimetyer? Very nice indeed. Can I have the recipe? Sherri B

Started on mine this afternoon. Tied five up so far.

I remembered that they not only served me well on the Little J during the Cicada hatch, but I hooked some cub scouts up on the stream behind my house where I walk my dog and only occasionally fish. Their Cubmasters were clueless as to fishing and were throwing big bass worms and ripping them along for some pretty modest panfish. They were having no luck for over an hour, they said. I ran back to my truck grabbed some splitshot and a few cicada and other beetle like patterns. Told them just to pitch it , twitch it and wait. Within a cast or two each kid (about six i think) figured it out and landed a fish. Watched for about five minutes and it seemed like they all had another one or two. A few very exuberant and proud faces and shouts of "I got one" and "this is my first fish" really made my day.

#16 Black hares ear type nymph was the goto dropper this morning though. I probably caught a few less than if I would have used sucker spawn, but I've been lazy lately and using mostly eggs and spawn and wanted to switch it up. Did pretty good, with 8 hits and six fish caught in about an hour. Ok.... they just stocked and its is a DHFFO special regs water so it was legal; even if guiltily so. :rolleyes: