Fly Tying
RoyalWulff

bobbin for gossamers

Hey everyone,

I have a number of spools of gossamer and a number of bobbins. The thing is they are all sized for normal spools of thread. I use the griffin bobbins and the gossamer is too small. Is there a particular bobbin I have to use? If so where do I find one?

Thanks a lot,

Phil

Matarelli makes a midge bobbin that Feather-Craft advertises as the bobbin for Pearsall gossamer silks and flosses. They're about $20 a piece.

Mike

Thats weird. I was wondering the same thing yesterday. Thanks.

Matarelli makes a midge bobbin that Feather-Craft advertises as the bobbin for Pearsall gossamer silks and flosses. They're about $20 a piece.

Mike

Ditto, that's what I use.

Look at Ebay as a potential source > I recently bought a Thomson midge bobbin with the ceramic tube - perfect for the small spools........Frank

I use a real cheap one I got from j. stockard. I paid like $5 for it. I thnk it's sunrise or terra or something cheap like that. Then I just didn't need to bend out the arms much. It's cheap but it works as good as any of my other ceramic bobbins.