Fly Tying
Isonychia

They should have fried these guys...

that is a sure a shame and i say bring back martial law.People just don't care or realize what damage they really do. It is that time of year and more of this kind of bull will be going on. I go back home for trout season every year and hear about bull sh#@ goig on every year.

:cursing: It leaves more than a bad taste in my mouth when I see stories like this. Especially when it involves native trout. At least they caught them, they probably wouldn't have stopped until the stream was empty. Too bad they didn't get jail time with a big cell mate named Butch to keep them company. :crutch:

The fines were much to low, and although I would love to see them bunking with butch :bugeyes: , they should have been sentenced to community service rehabilitating local stream to help offset some of the damage they created under guard :angry: . Jay (Trout 5 Jay 0) :rolleyes:

speaking as a member of the law enforcement community and an avid angler with generational ties to West "BY GOD" Virginia, the problem isn't the poachers or their actions, but the seemingly flippant recourse the magistrates and judges hand out...In my local district here in Ky, the District and Circuit judges are all VERY avid hunters and fisherman....jail time (and weeks of it) and restitution are common place for violations like this (and even less)....I recently had an inmate that served 90 days for shooting across a road to kill a turkey. He also had to pay the Commonwealth for the loss of the bird taken illegally

Worst part, these are only a small percentage of those that get caught. Im all for mandatory sterilization!

That's sickening. The punishment always seems too light for these guys. Here in Florida I have heard of guys getting jail time for poaching deer but for fish it is usually a heavy fine and their boat gets confiscated. The worst part is how many don't get caught. FWC guys often just find the illegal gill nets and fish traps but have no way of finding out who owns them. :cursing:

Just last year, my wife and I witnesses a KY F&W officer arrest three men and confiscated thier equipment for a live well of undersized bass. The officer , a friendly acquiantance, later told me he had arrested one of the men during the previous deer season for poaching fawns on lands adjacent to the same lake. Some of these criminals, and that's exactly what they are, never learn, and what's worse, don;t care. Our fields and streams are national, not to mention local, treasures. That's why it's so important that men and women such as ourselves instill the proper ethics in those that we lead into the outdoors. We need to continue to lead by example and condemn the actions of those who seek to rob and steal from our precious and limited natural resources...there, I'm off my soapbox for now..... :devil: :devil: :devil:

What needs to be done is for some people to drag these jerks out of their house in the middle of the night, give them a proper bullwhipping and let try to find their way home from the middle of no where.

What a bunch of :poop: !

Those boys need a good old fashion "tuneup"! 5.gif

Guess the Magistrate was a relative; Probably one of those family trees without any branches!!smile.gif

Being from Kentucky via West Virginia, I'm offended! ( I agree, but I'm still offended!!! HA HA HA !)

I hate to say it, but this kind of stuff goes on everywhere I've lived, and I've lived in a lot of places. I keep the Rhode Island DEM on speed dial, but they're so understaffed these days that unless an officer happens to be in the neighborhood, it's a waste of time. Just whipping out the cell phone and pretending to be calling in a description of the poacher usually makes them pack up and leave in a hurry, but you know they're just going to come back when nobody's there. There was a bunch in Connecticut that would leave a guy on shore who would call the guys in the boat when the coast was clear and they'd bring in their haul of illegal stripers and get out fast. A guy I know reported it and the Conn. DEP set up a sting and nabbed them, but I'm afraid it was just the tip of the iceberg. More people have to get involved if we want to put a stop to it.