Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steve P

Headstand

Tell me what you think about the video this is my first of hopefully many and I am very interested in feedback.

Oh yeah this is a super effective carp fly that I love to use when they are up on the flats prowling. I also like to use this fy for gills and crappie as well as a bunch of other specific situations... basically try it and you'll see.

Steve

Excellent video, Steve! You seem like a natural behind the camera. I enjoyed your commentary explaining how the fly is tyed. This looks like an absolutely deadly panfish fly. Great job & thanks for sharing.

It is an absolute monster in the brush, just throw it in give it a couple twitches and get it back out. Due to the fact that it will stand directy on it's head it is a little dificult to snag up. I also think it makes a great baby craw imitation tied in the correct colors which is super killer for gills and crappie. Thanks for the kind word concerning the video as well.

Steve

I just tied up 14 of these in almost every colour I own. I'll be using them for Carp...I'll post when I've tried them out. I love them.

Nicely done video, and a sweet fly. I do believe I will have to tie up a couple of dozen of these for some of my Southern fishing buds! :headbang:

Thanks guys and I do have a couple more in the works they really are a great fly to have in the box. I most often fish for warm water stuff but do from time to time fish some trout and have had really great luck with them in stained or cloudy water when the bite was really slow and I was just throwing one of everything at them. So glad you like it and I'll ad more soon.

Steve

what a great video... I'm a new tier (as of christmas, ha), but have been a big fan of the headstand over the past year or so. Been my go-to carp fly. Your video is going to be my coach when I sit down to tie it. Might try to pick up the materials this afternoon. Thanks for sharing the vid,

-ward

Great video :headbang: Great move wearing the solid white shirt. I have seen a lot of videos with a guy wearing a shirt with all sorts of graphics that end up making the fly harder to see.

Thanks for posting this. The video was great. I'm gonna tie up a dozen of these in a few diff colors today. These should serve me well in the bass ponds. Thanks.

Tony

apologies for being late to this thread.

excellent fly.

i assume at the very end when you dubbed the other color (near head, cant remember color)...................that you dubbed not only behind to cover the lead, but also criss-crossed between the eyes?

it looked like you did that between the bead chains.........but that section went pretty quick?

will have to check out the flyandpies webby.

have order some hooks for that sometime............looks good

need to order stuff for some marabou monsters first.

thanks

camoham