Fly Tying
fly tryer

Traditional Wet Fly or Nymph swap

Thanks everyone for allowing the late comer. I promise I'll start watching closer.

I'll be tying some Red Ass Soft Hackles. Again, I apologize for joining in at the

last minute. Won't happen again.

Guys

we have another late comer who again id new to the swap scene, let's have him on board and encourage himt to tie more!!

Steve

PS we now need 11 fies from each tyer, which I think is ok as we were going to have 12 if it filled anyway.

Bloodworms are done. I tied 12 just in case. You'll find a #14 Bead Head Chironomid in the tin as well.

Steve-

12 flies are done. Plus one extra (or 2 if there is only 11 of us) for you, the swapmeister. I need an addy,

and they'll be in the mail.

My flies just need another coat of head cement, please send me the addy and I'll get them mailed out this week if my wife and the post mistress can figure out how to mail them to Canada. Also, please advise how many US dollars I should include for return postage. I'll look to see if I have any loonies around, but I doubt it.

My flies just need another coat of head cement, please send me the addy and I'll get them mailed out this week if my wife and the post mistress can figure out how to mail them to Canada. Also, please advise how many US dollars I should include for return postage. I'll look to see if I have any loonies around, but I doubt it.

I usually stick $2.00 in, but it's up to the SM. Some swappers had flies vanish if the Customs Form was labeled Trout Flies, Fly Materials etc. I just sent a set to Ontario labeled "hooks". But I've never really had an issue when I labled something as Trout Flies. Just lucky I guess. International coupons are supposed to still work, but fro what I hear a few US Post office seem to be confused or just don't know what they are.

Horseshoes posted this info on the Easter Swap, it may help.

1) International coupons:U.S.... if your P.O. uses them, which by law they have to, then no matter how much you pay for them they are worth $1.65 CAD Do not add stamps to the coupon, it makes no difference, the coupon is only a credit of $1.65 CAD. Canadians... do not buy the coupons, it cost us over $3. a coupon to stamp a U.S. letter. The $bill in the mail is the best thing over all or don't do cross border swapping.

2) U.S. P.O. Money orders.... In Canada only the PINK International money order is redeemable here. The green one is only good for in the states.

3) Any envelope with contents, that is thicker than 20mm moves up from a charge of $2.21 CAD(tax incl.) to a cost of $5.25 CAD (tax incl.). It becomes a small packet .

If envelope is under 20mm in thickness and...

0-100g = $2.21 CAD

over 100g up to 200g = $3.84 CAD

4) Canadians.. your post office is not allowed to give a S.A.S.E. to you that has been weighed and then has the computerized label on it for a return postage. You know, those white O/S postage label they run off after weighing the envelope.

5) Canadians...If you mail a O/S (oversized) letter to the U.S. you can air mail. This is considered letter post.

If you mail Smalll packet , air is extra. This is considered parcel post.

I usually stick $2.00 in, but it's up to the SM. Some swappers had flies vanish if the Customs Form was labeled Trout Flies, Fly Materials etc. I just sent a set to Ontario labeled "hooks". But I've never really had an issue when I labled something as Trout Flies. Just lucky I guess. International coupons are supposed to still work, but fro what I hear a few US Post office seem to be confused or just don't know what they are.

Horseshoes posted this info on the Easter Swap, it may help.

1) International coupons:U.S.... if your P.O. uses them, which by law they have to, then no matter how much you pay for them they are worth $1.65 CAD Do not add stamps to the coupon, it makes no difference, the coupon is only a credit of $1.65 CAD. Canadians... do not buy the coupons, it cost us over $3. a coupon to stamp a U.S. letter. The $bill in the mail is the best thing over all or don't do cross border swapping.

2) U.S. P.O. Money orders.... In Canada only the PINK International money order is redeemable here. The green one is only good for in the states.

3) Any envelope with contents, that is thicker than 20mm moves up from a charge of $2.21 CAD(tax incl.) to a cost of $5.25 CAD (tax incl.). It becomes a small packet .

If envelope is under 20mm in thickness and...

0-100g = $2.21 CAD

over 100g up to 200g = $3.84 CAD

4) Canadians.. your post office is not allowed to give a S.A.S.E. to you that has been weighed and then has the computerized label on it for a return postage. You know, those white O/S postage label they run off after weighing the envelope.

5) Canadians...If you mail a O/S (oversized) letter to the U.S. you can air mail. This is considered letter post.

If you mail Smalll packet , air is extra. This is considered parcel post.

Great Info

Thanks Rich

Fly tryer

Don't thank me, thank Horseshoes. He did all the work, I'm just passing it on. It amazes me though that the Canada Post can be so stringent. :dunno: