Fly Tying
fly tryer

Traditional Wet Fly or Nymph swap

Don't thank me, thank Horseshoes. He did all the work, I'm just passing it on. It amazes me though that the Canada Post can be so stringent. :dunno:

It amazes me how Canada Post can have their head so far buried in their .... It cost me $15.00 LESS to send the same envelope to Ontario as it did to send it to Nova Scotia. The reason you ask? Because this one "went through the cutout in the board easier"!!!! No joke, thats what the almighty Postal Worker told me! And to top it all off, Nova Scotia is 1500 kms closer! :poop:

Don't thank me, thank Horseshoes. He did all the work, I'm just passing it on. It amazes me though that the Canada Post can be so stringent. :dunno:

It amazes me how Canada Post can have their head so far buried in their .... It cost me $15.00 LESS to send the same envelope to Ontario as it did to send it to Nova Scotia. The reason you ask? Because this one "went through the cutout in the board easier"!!!! No joke, thats what the almighty Postal Worker told me! And to top it all off, Nova Scotia is 1500 kms closer! :poop:

What did you use to get it through the cut out? I use Altoid tins but once it hits the bubble wrap envelope it's too fat. Do you use the bubble wrap envelopes?

Ian - Some of the envelopes that i have been receiving are just the plain cardboard mailers without the bubble wrap inside. So far nothing has been damaged, but if it cuts down on the costs of mailing then it may be an option.

What did you use to get it through the cut out? I use Altoid tins but once it hits the bubble wrap envelope it's too fat. Do you use the bubble wrap envelopes?

Asked the owner of the local fly shop, and he gave me a hockey card protector type thing. It's under 1/2" thick and holds flies nicely. I'm gonna pick a few more up and will send you a couple if you like. I didn't use a padded envelope either.

Mine I in the US mail today, hopefully my wife completed the forms properly. Keep me posted if you see them. Good ideas with the cardboard mailer. I suspect that if something can crush the altoids tin, the bubble wrap won't do much to protect against it. Since the swaps I've done have been all US based I've been more concerned about weight not dimensions. I will had to spend some time in the office supplies store.

Greg (Saltydog) Got yours today, great job and thanks very much for the extras much appreciated.

Steve

Don't know how long it'll take for a package to get from way down here all the way up to Canada, but I got mine off about a week and a day ago. :unsure: