Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smalliestalker

smallie outing

I went out today for a few hours.....it has rained for the last two days on and off....my usual stomping ground was high and dirty......made for some challenging fishing....I managed to catch and release 7 all together....here's a few pics...the fly used is here as well...tied it last night...it's a clouser half and half with a spun and clipped deer hair head....I figured I would need to move some water to get there attention.....worked like a charm....

post-22995-1252896696_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1252896715_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1252896726_thumb.jpg

post-22995-1252896743_thumb.jpg

Nice fish, Smalliestalker. I'm not up to date with my Clousers and I've never heard of the Clouser Half & Half. We've had very little rain here in West-Central, PA. The creeks are very low and clear.

I went out today for a few hours.....it has rained for the last two days on and off....my usual stomping ground was high and dirty......made for some challenging fishing....I managed to catch and release 7 all together....here's a few pics...the fly used is here as well...tied it last night...it's a clouser half and half with a spun and clipped deer hair head....I figured I would need to move some water to get there attention.....worked like a charm....

Nice lookin fly & fish. Where abouts are you fishing up there? I used to live upstate & cny (both) several years back.

thanks...schoharie creek.....lower end...below Gilboa

Ahhh, never fished schoharie but you make me wish I had. I was way upstate. Lived on two different feeders to St. Lawrence then moved south to CNY.

Mebbe next spring ........

I believe they can cross breed and it sounds like you caught a hybrid - Large/Small mouth bass... you can call it a Lall bass or a Sarge bass...

Thanks

Chris Brow

Some great looking fish. This summer has sucked for us in Maryland as everytime it rained it messed the rivers up. Just when it was almost clear, it would rain again. I didnt get to do nearly enough smallie fishing. Again, great looking fish you caught.

Some great looking fish. This summer has sucked for us in Maryland as everytime it rained it messed the rivers up. Just when it was almost clear, it would rain again. I didnt get to do nearly enough smallie fishing. Again, great looking fish you caught.

Thanks...the same thing here as well..it rained a ton....muddy and high were the waters most of the summer...recently it started to clear up again....but rain is in the forecast for this week as well.....ahhhh.....the struggle of being a river smallmouth addict.....