Fly Tying
oatka

Need a fishing related boys name

So, my wife is pregnant.....child #5, son #4.

My oldest son is a step son, so i had no input for his name, the other 3 kids have fishing related names......Seth (Seth Green), Brooke (obvious), and Tyler (tie flies). So, i need a fishing related boys name, so my wife doesn't get to use Gil or River....yes, i'm against those.

So, looking for quality fishing related names, and nothing that's like 15 syllables either.

#5!!!! congrats!!! How about Cinco? Oh wait I think that's football.... Chub? No to.... eeeewwwww Tiger (tiger trout) or is that to ....golf? Oh Oh I got it!!!! Bugger!!!!!! uh ..... is that to revenge of the nerds? How about flow? OOOhhh that might be a bit feminine. Sorry Im drawing a blank....

When my wife was pregnant and the doctor told her it was probably twins, she picked Hunter and Fisher for boys. Not sure if she was serious. It turns out our daughter is named Kyrsten Bea (Kyrbe for short).

Congrats on the coming addition to your family.

Rob

Congrats to the "Oatkas" :thumbup: , be careful, kids WILL change anything you name him to a prank type name...take it from a "Buck"...guess what they called me all the time...that is till I got bigger than most of them ...hehehe!!!

First off, congratulations to you and Mrs. Oatka!

As for names, how about:

Wulff

Adam (as in Adams)

Roy (as in Royal)

Gordon (as in Black Gordon)

Rusty (as in Rusty Rat)

Mickey (as in Mickey Finn)

Bucky (as in Bucktail)

Buzz (as in Buzzer)

Charlie (as in Crazy Charlie)

Ranger (as in Durham Ranger)

Skip (as in Skip Morris)

Bob (as in Bob Clouser)

Shad

Cray (as in Crayfish)

John (as in Copper John)

Hopper

Rod

Fry

how 'bout

"Overtime" ?

5 kids- Wow. Congrats, I hope it's a smooth sail for Mom and the little one.

IMO, just don't be a dweeb and name him after some idiotic sports team or a tackle manufacturer. Or parts of heavy machinery.

A long time ago I worked with a guy who named his son "Gizmo Sprocket" and I'm not making it up. It has not been easy for the boy.

Ok, first off, you do know about the birds and the bees, right? I mean, you know how you got yourself into this situation....

Second, congrats! :yahoo:

Third, Royal Wulffgang Oatka.... I know of several gentleman named Royal, and Wulffgang, well, he might be a musician someday.....

Fourth, what prize do we get if we pick the winning name? (When my wife was in college, her youngest half sister was born. Our friends held a football-style pool where you picked the date the kid ws going to be born as a fundraiser for her mom. Check with your local and state gambling regs before you do this, however.)

Ok, first off, you do know about the birds and the bees, right? I mean, you know how you got yourself into this situation....

Actually, i don't. Can you explain how? :D