Fly Tying
FlatzFatz

Help Name This Fly

I am going to tie this for the Redfish fly swap, only one problem...What to call it.

I totally suck at naming things, I work in robotics (firefighting) at the Air Force Research Lab, Tyndall AFB Fl, and the only decent name I have come up with in last two years is the Tactical Urban Response Device (TURD)... and that was for a platform of dubious distinction :blink:

I want to get them tied by next week, so if you can come up with a name by Friday I'll send a couple :)

Still need to add a couple of coats of Hard As Hull, otherwise it's complete.

P1010668.jpg

P1010664.jpg

ElectricSaltSpider? I dont know. Ill tie you an extra if you tie me and extra! That looks like it would be killer on the beachfront here in the summer.

Hey Fishkill,

I think a suitably descriptive name for your creation would be "Bucktail Biter". In the case of the fly pictured I'd call it the "Neon Bucktail Biter". Your pattern lends itself easily to create numerous colour combinations...ie) Tan Bucktail Biter, White BB, Black BB etc.

Nice fly, I like it alot.

Regards,

Henry

The BB isnt a bad name either! I think half the fun of tying flies is being able to give it a cool name. Even if the flys are only refered to by your buddies.

FlatzFatz, Nice with the glue. I bet with all the coats of hard n' phirm its pretty durable. I hope you like the fly im tying in the swap.

My wife said the first thing that came to mind was "Mars Attacks"

I was Thinking;

-Krusty (As in the Clown for the Simpsons)

My 15 year old son thinks it should be called "The Epic Crab" (Kids with that word "Epic")

So there are our Suggestions.

Rick

Thanks for all the great suggestions, looks like it will boil down to some serious thinking and perhaps a beer or two... ;) This is the first swap I've participated in and am excited to trade ideas.

cheers...dave

Too much fun...This place :headbang:

They all fit the pattern, we had a killer fun drinking beer and trying to figure a winner :P The truest description has to be bucktail biter (henry), the local boys are going with crooked island cracker (chalk), it's a great place to fish and it well...after all, this is the south :D

in the end... call it what you like they are all great names! Saltydog, next time we need to name a project you get the call... Nice TURD :hyst:

Anybody who wants one, please shoot me a PM with your address and 'll get one out to you.

Henry, if you get a chance to fish some more bones I sure would like to know how it works!

Thanks to everyone.

This fly would work well on the shad runs we get here. resembles those little crustaceans they eat (forget the name) Typically without legs but I will tie up some of these for the spring runs and see if they produce better with or without the legs. Spring experiment and report forthcoming. (Fatz remind in March as this hippie brain sometimes forgets)