Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
javicruzito

Please need help!

Hello people, I know that this thread is not nothing about fly tying, but I caught this Largemouth Bass and it is not a normal Bass, is all bright yellow with a few black dots.Can any one tell me what is or why this color? Thanks for the help!

Orlando J

post-18214-1261281438_thumb.jpg

post-18214-1261281456_thumb.jpg

post-18214-1261281468_thumb.jpg

post-18214-1261281549_thumb.jpg

Thats strange but looks really cool. I have caught largemouth in bayous that were pretty yellow that lived in close proximity to salt water but nothing that yellow that I can remember. Probably a genetic oddity. Not really an albino, I think you have to have pink eyes for that.

its not albino for sure

i would say just a color defect or mutation

some fish like the common carp can have radical color or be plain

im not sure if its genetic or cellular or what but i have seen varied colors of carp in a small pond back in my home town and they must be coming from the same brown ones in the pond

i think you should have had it mounted its an awesome fish but probably not good for the gene pool

Looks like a largemouth/peacock bass hybrid. Or a largemouth Koi. Weird.

Mike

Hey Mike first, up to where I have understood Largemouth Bass they do not relate to other species and second in this lake in especially no Peacock Bass are found this is a 100% Largemouth Bass lake and Koi much less, PR do not have Koi nowhere, just in japanese restaurants, hehehe....

creekfishin this is in PR!

That my friend is an albino.Like most of you have said true it donest have red eye,but by the definition of albino says a person or animal lacking normal pigmentation resulting in abnormally color,pale and or white skin and hair with pink or blue eyes with dark red pupils. So by defination that my friend make that fish a true albino bass. :bugeyes: :yahoo: