Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fred H.

I Quit !!!!!!!!!!!!&#3

.................smoking again . Unless I'm on fire. 28 days smoke free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fred

Good job Fred :clapping: and soon you'll be able to taste your food again. I quit cold turkey April 11, 2008 and haven't looked back. Pack and a half a day habit gone for good. If I can do it anyone can.

(ps I was a miserable prick for the first 3 months)

congradulations! I too chose to quit and after a year I can definately feel the results. Were talking about tobacco right? :P J/K.

And I was looking forward to a good Fred H rant. Oh well :-(

Congratulations Fred. Keep going. I hit 15 days tobacco smoke free today as I quit on xmas eve at 8 pm. I think Ive actually been avoiding tying because it certainly was nice smoking while tying.

I just keep thinking what my doctor told me. He said if you want to keep truding in those streams and along those beaches fishing, you have to quit. Sometimes its funny how long it takes a relatively smart guy to smarten up.

Keep with it and next time you want a smoke stick one of those realistics in your mouth!

And I was looking forward to a good Fred H rant. Oh well :-(

Congratulations Fred. Keep going. I hit 15 days tobacco smoke free today as I quit on xmas eve at 8 pm. I think Ive actually been avoiding tying because it certainly was nice smoking while tying.

I just keep thinking what my doctor told me. He said if you want to keep truding in those streams and along those beaches fishing, you have to quit. Sometimes its funny how long it takes a relatively smart guy to smarten up.

Keep with it and next time you want a smoke stick one of those realistics in your mouth!

When I quit 20 some odd years ago, I started drinking more coffee, well I noticed that my stir stick was plastic so I popped one in my mouth, well I must have killed 30,000 of them but they got me over the craving stage and the missing something stage.. chew the shit out of them they don't mind...

I still chew an odd one now and then, when I get aggravated or upset over something..I think that is why God made them to help fishermen get over smoking .....

P.S. if you want to know what it is like to live with lung disease/cancer, take one of the plastic stir straws the brown ones with two little holes in it, and breath through that for a minute.. only that .... it hurts like hell it will not be the inhale that hurts it is the exhale.... you can not move enough air to satisfy your body, I bet you will not last the full minute...

ive been using the patch and I have to admit it hasnt been as bad as I anticipated. I was going through coffee stirrers for the first couple of days but I didnt seem to do much. I guesss Im not orally fixated. (thank god).

What has been helping was the buddist breathing techinique that Stevan Segal proports on his show Lawman. Three second breath in, hold for 3 seconds and exhale for 3 seconds. I then punch myself in the nose (jk)

Fred, I was afraid you were pulling one of those, "I have nothing left to offer/you

guys suck and have no sense of humor" bits. LOL Happy to hear that it is smoking

that your finished with. Best of luck and so happy you're sticking around.

Mike

Glad to hear that you quite smoking. I mush have quite a hundred times before I finally stopped for good. That was Thanksgiving Day 1981. When I got the urge I would say to myself ‘I can live without it'. Good luck. :thumbup:

Been smoke free for nine years and that was after 30 years went cold turkey also. Only bad point is food suddenly tastes good and tonight I just joined a Gym to see if I can get my new waders to fit this spring. I wish you much luck Fred and congratulations on your success so far, it does get better every day.

Best of luck to you. I hope you stay smoke free from now on. Feel free to rant if you want to.

WAIT a MINUTE....if I quit food will taste better? :unsure: :down: ...I weigh over 300 lbs already....that's definitely not a selling point for me :( ...maybe living to teach my nephews and nieces to fish will do it... :clapping: :thumbsup: Congrats on the decision Fred!

WAIT a MINUTE....if I quit food will taste better? :unsure: :down: ...I weigh over 300 lbs already....that's definitely not a selling point for me :( ...maybe living to teach my nephews and nieces to fish will do it... :clapping: :thumbsup: Congrats on the decision Fred!

A point from my Butt Outt Facilitators days.. you would have to gain over 75lbs of body weight to have the same health risk as a pack of smokes..

Most folks only gain 15 - 20 lbs when trying to stop smoking, one of the best ways to combat the craving is exercise, and eat healthy.. so it is not so bad.. 15-20 lbs plus you will feel a hell of a lot better and it will be easier to get rid of the little bit of weight you do gain..