Fly Tying
tacklebloke

Fly tying bag

Hi Guys

I have recently accumulated alot of fly tying materials including my clamp vice, tools, glues and epoxies which I use.

I am seeking recommendation from fellow fly tyers or fly fisherman on a decent bag to store all these materials and can easily carry off to another location or friend house for fly tying session if needed. Any DIY or Tailored solutions can be voiced here.

Help on this matter is most appreciated. :headbang:

Cheers

Tacklebloke

i bought a plastic file box and some hanging file folders from walmart a while back, taped in some "customized" clear page holder pockets. it has a small, divided section in the lid that i can fit most of my tools and a broken down travel vise in. it was something like but not exactly this.

http://www.office-furniture-and-supply-out...14-black-silver

works well for keeping everything organized. isn't a bag and took some effort to put together, but cheaper and more customizable than the alternative (tying-specific travel bag). can get the boxes in all sizes.

Hi Tacklebloke,

Here's a couple of previous posts on travel bags that might be worth looking at. I use a soft-sided cosmetic bag for my travel tying kit. Works well and cost less than $10 when I bought it several years ago. Pics of the bag and contents are in the second post.

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?sho...;hl=travel+bags

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry374950

Tim

Moscow, Idaho

laptop computer bag.

tackle box from wal mart or other place like that works pretty good for a trip....you can keep stuff fairly organized and still take quite a bit

I use a rolling suitcase, which holds my vise in its case, a plastic tote with mulitiple craft mate cases, and I keep most of my hackles in a pair of 17 inch laptop cases, one for wet hackles, and one for dry hackles. Those have straps that allow them to slide over the handle of the rolling suitcase.

You can pick up a rolling two compartment tool box at Lowes for about $30 that works. Fly Hive is good too but more expensive.

Depending on just a short trip or for a couple of days, I use the renzetti tying bag and throw some materials that I plan on using at my friends house but if Im traveling a ways I use big rubbermaid containers- Like the ones you put clothes in or whatever their durable and cheap

just be careful with the epoxy ive had many epoxy syringes that seem to leak everywere if they arent standing up right. even with the cap on

just be careful with the epoxy ive had many epoxy syringes that seem to leak everywere if they arent standing up right. even with the cap on

They always seem to do that, so I started putting mine in ziplock bags to keep them from messing up everything else.

I have a soft tackle box from Bass Pro ? I think ...It holds about five of those clear individual boxes (Plano 3700 series) boxes that are about

3" x 9" x 14". Holds alot of stuff - plus some of them have moveable dividers- If you want to spend extra they even have waterproof boxes that I'm

guessing are also insect proof... Works well !