Fly Tying
Flytyer14

Starling Skins

Roxbury Mall

281 Route 10 East (9:00 AM to 9:30 PM

Succasunna, NJ 07876 Monday thru Saturday

(973) 584-7798 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Sunday)

and Brown Trout, and Brook Trout, and smallmouth bass, and largemouth bass <_< Although I don't pop em every time I catch one ^_^

Brook trout are native.... they are not even trout they are char. the LMB is also native... and so is the SMB to my knowledge.

They're talking about using rotenone to get rid of the smallies that have started to invade the Miramichi River system up this way.

http://www.asf.ca/news.php?id=511

I really don't know why they don't pony up the cabbage for a couple rec boats and have a 2 week open derby on them instead and give out prizes for most caught. Pretty sure we could fish em to extinction with far less damage to the environment than this rotenone stuff

Its a touchy subject round here these days, some of the ideas the nippleheads in government are coming up with are ridiculous. And the funny thing is that they closed the season on smallies and stripers at the same time :dunno:

Native or not these fish are causing some t-r-o-u-b-l-e

the rainbow was an introduced species from Germany. so officially there is not "native trout" to america.

I suggest you check your facts before posting. Rainbow trout are native to N. America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_trout

ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/WHMI/WEB/pdf/RAINBOW1.pdf

Yea...but which way is more fun? And i walk to my friends house.....so gas doesn't matter....

I shoot them int he yard with a bb gun or slingshot and spend 3 minutes cleaning it....very cost effective.

the rainbow was an introduced species from Germany. so officially there is not "native trout" to america.

I suggest you check your facts before posting. Rainbow trout are native to N. America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_trout

ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/WHMI/WEB/pdf/RAINBOW1.pdf

Ineed you're right Jan but remember that bows only come from a little stretch of river that hugs the Rockies. They're introduced everywhere else and are very dominant and overbearing to other species.

Indeed they are very widely introduced.

However; a great many salmonids are quite overbearing when transplanted to foreign waters ;)

Ineed you're right Jan but remember that bows only come from a little stretch of river that hugs the Rockies. They're introduced everywhere else and are very dominant and overbearing to other species.

Actually they are located along the Pacific coast, from Mexico, well into Alaska.

Native americans are believed to be of asian decent either crossed over the bering straight or somehow crossed the atlantic millions of years ago

Native americans are believed to be of asian decent either crossed over the bering straight or somehow crossed the atlantic millions of years ago

Yep, if you believe the anthropologists the only place humans are native to is Africa.