Fly Tying
FlySlinger

Craw Daddy Craw Daddy

Hi Fellows I have something that I want to show you...It is my craw Dad Collection these are pretty small....But they are deadly They are good for Trout and for Bass....Well some of you guys are going to ask me why There aren't any Eyes.....The reason is the hook Clearance I tried every kind Of eye I could think of but I could not think of one that was good enough.....So I think I will run along like this for a while till I finally find one that is satisfactory to me.....

me ......As you fellows will see there are Hard Craws and Soft Craws here.....I Like Soft Craws my self...

FlySlinger

DSCF5679-1.jpg

DSCF5646-1.jpg

DSCF5647.jpg

DSCF5673-2.jpg

DSCF5673-2.jpg

DSCF5644.jpg

DSCF5643.jpg

Those are nice Flyslinger! I dont think the eyes are a big issue especially if you are catching fish. I love the way they standup in the fighting posistion. Is that deer hair on the bottom that makes them do that? Nice ties!

Those are nice Flyslinger! I don't think the eyes are a big issue especially if you are catching fish. I love the way they stand up in the fighting position. Is that deer hair on the bottom that makes them do that? Nice ties!
No it is Saddle Hackle ....Thanks for being so observant

FlySlinger

Sweet ties Frank! I see the hook gap is better on those. As for eyes, it's a maybe but not really necessary as them fishes will be making a submariner to the it for the kill! :D

Very Nice!

Is that chamois material on the back? Dye your own or where'd you get it?

As for eyes... if the fish don't notice a big piece of metal sticking out of the head (or the butt on nymphs), it's unlikely they'll disregard a crayfish (or nymph) for not displaying the minuscule eyes. :bugeyes: (Minnow imitations are probably a different story).

Very Nice!

Is that chamois material on the back? Dye your own or where'd you get it?

As for eyes... if the fish don't notice a big piece of metal sticking out of the head (or the butt on nymphs), it's unlikely they'll disregard a crayfish (or nymph) for not displaying the minuscule eyes. :bugeyes: (Minnow imitations are probably a different story).

Hi Rob What you see on the Backs of Both Cray Fish are leather strips....Very Durable can be Used for many things in Fly Tying....

FlySlinger

try making eyes like this

marty

Hi BiginJapan I watched you Video Staring Davie McPhail. But his methods won't work with a leather Skin.....Oh by the way I think I found Set of Eyes....I will have to tinker with them and then I will have too put them up for view......I think you guys will like them....Besides I went fishing today....For smallmouth bass and I caught a Sixteen inch Smallmouth Bass in the Blazing heat ........

FlySlinger

Hey slinger,

I've been burning the ends of a short piece of heavy mono (30-50lb) and coloring it with permanent marker for eyes on my shrimp and craw patterns. Seems to work out well, you can get as much clearance as you want, and it is easy to tie in if you bend it into a V shape