Fly Tying
Bryan Wright

Fly Tying a Family Affair

This is me and one of my 5 boys he is tying is first Wooly Bugger. We have a ball.

do you have pics of you and your kids tying together?

Oh wow very kool!

I guess I missed this one the first time around. Both of my kids have been fascinated with sitting and watching while I tie. They were both a year old when the pics were taken. True to form, my daughter would just sit still and watch. My son on the other hand - I have one hand to tie with and one hand to keep his hands from being impaled on the hook. My daughter is now 4, so it may be about time to get her on the vice.

post-3964-1295011997_thumb.jpg

post-3964-1295012006_thumb.jpg

Deeky

Great topic Bryan!

I have four children, the oldest a daughter, two sons in the middle and my youngest a daughter. The youngest daughter is the only one that has taken an interest in tying although this last year, she kind of lost it.

The first picture is of her learning to tie at 9 yrs old. The second is of her a few months later making some money by helping me on a order; she made $40 and the guy was so impressed with her work that he gave her a $10 tip!

Kirk

DSC_0217-1.jpg

DSC_7018-1.jpg