Fly Tying
rich5665

Small Creek Swap

Rich, new set of flies going out tomorrow (will be insured this time). Wear gloves so the lethal poison I doused the inside of the envelope with (to eliminate postal thieves) doesnt get on ya... :hyst: I'm kidding, I'm kidding... :devil: I prefer a high caliber at close range... :gun_bandana: !!@#!!&*! thieves!!! :angry:

Chasecreek your flies have arrived. I'm going to be hard pressed to match the quality of the flies that have arrived so far. CC, How'd you know I was the Leave no Trace coordinator for my son's Scout Troop. Thanks for the sticker. :headbang:

Rich, new set of flies going out tomorrow (will be insured this time). Wear gloves so the lethal poison I doused the inside of the envelope with (to eliminate postal thieves) doesnt get on ya... :hyst: I'm kidding, I'm kidding... :devil: I prefer a high caliber at close range... :gun_bandana: !!@#!!&*! thieves!!! :angry:

Looks like the flies may have arrived. I have a package from Canada waiting for me at the Post Office. I told my wife about the whole issue, she looked at me and asked "Why would anyone want to steal a set of flies?" Keep in mind this is a woman who doesn't quite get the concept of standing in the middle of a cold river and casting string and feathers to catch fish.

Looks like the flies may have arrived. I have a package from Canada waiting for me at the Post Office. I told my wife about the whole issue, she looked at me and asked "Why would anyone want to steal a set of flies?" Keep in mind this is a woman who doesn't quite get the concept of standing in the middle of a cold river and casting string and feathers to catch fish.

My gf calls my flies, "ties" and always ask why I spend so much money on fly tying. haha I just tell her it's a sick habit :rolleyes:

I am begining to think our theif is on your side of the country and not here in Sacramento :angry:

Lykos your flies are now safely in my hands. I had to wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes when I read the note left for a would be thief. Took me a bit to get past all the tape. Now I know why the first set went missing. Let's just say Trout Candy and leave it at that :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Rich , you really want a laugh? The @#% thief sent the return envelope back to me...no stamps or anything , it just showed up in my box yesterday...minus the flies , money and tin...ahhhh well, at least you got the second edition. Hope the thief gets hung on every cast ...LOL! :hyst:

My gf calls my flies, "ties" and always ask why I spend so much money on fly tying. haha I just tell her it's a sick habit :rolleyes:

My wife doesn't understand either. She just teases me for shopping for beads at Hobby Lobby! And last night I was trying to tie a parasol emerger, and she got a laugh out of that. But fly fishing and tying is a lot cheaper than a mistress and a lot less trouble.

My wife doesn't understand either. She just teases me for shopping for beads at Hobby Lobby! And last night I was trying to tie a parasol emerger, and she got a laugh out of that. But fly fishing and tying is a lot cheaper than a mistress and a lot less trouble.

:hyst: AMEN!!!! :hyst:

Another fine set of flies arrived today from Bugsy. Now before I forget once again, I want to thank everyone for the extras

Yep. Waiting on a set of flies to be sent out. I think we also have a no show in BassBugs. He was in the Secret Santa swap as well and was not heard from. I pinged him bot have not heard anything. I also decided to change my fly up a bit. It's a Woven Weevil just no wire.

Whit's flies are in the mail, looks like bassbugs is a no show. Everyone will be getting one of their flies back.