Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Ideas for Fall/Winter here on FTF?

Now that it is starting to cool off(here at least, this morning was below freezing) things should start getting really active here on FTF.

Back in the day we had a variety of unique things we did on the site, mostly just to fight the bordom I guess. Anyway, I would love to get back into some of the fun stuff we use to do around here.

For example, we use to have regular "challenges" where somebody would tie a particular fly and other members would photos of variations of that. I just looked deep into the archives and dug up the original challenge topic that Steve posted. http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=7502 Hard to believe it has been 5 years since we did that. I doubt there is more than a handful of people that visit FTF today that was around back then.

I'm looking for some feedback and ideas of stuff you guys might like to see here on the site to make things fun and interesting again and something the whole community can get involved in.

That sounds like fun. I also liked Letumgo's online swap a while back that called on members to choose one of their favorite tiers and tie a few flies from the database by that tier. Something along that idea might be fun as well.

What if we put write different materials on pieces of paper and each week we pull 2 or 3 pieces out of a hat. Then we pull out 2 colors that we can use. Then we have to tie something with only those materials and you have to use all the materials in the correct colors and then post pics.

Don't know how well some would take it but I loved the old photo war that took place a few years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

That sounds like fun. I also liked Letumgo's online swap a while back that called on members to choose one of their favorite tiers and tie a few flies from the database by that tier. Something along that idea might be fun as well.

I like this idea :) So many terrific patterns to choose from.

Mike

This is exactly what I've been waiting for.....haven't really been able to tie for a couple months due to a double tendon laceration and I can't sand it any more, I can't wait 'til dec. or jan. to jump back in the saddle so I've taken to tying with my left hand and getting minimal assistance from the right and it had worked to my satisfaction so a challenge is definitely sounding up my alley!