Fly Tying
Mickalo

Natural Material Swap

not sure this has been done before but was wondering if anyone would be interested in hosting a "All Natural Material" swap sometime down the road ... during these up and coming cold winter months ? Been on a real kick lately with using natural materials and dubbing.

Other then the obvious hook & thread nothing else on the fly other then all natural materials. Just thought I'd throw this out there incase others maybe interested.

Thx's

Mike

Yea forgot about the silk threads .... just a bit out of budget tho and don't use it that much myself :)

I thought about trying to host an all natural material terrestrial swap. I also got a bit bogged down in the definition of natural. Is copper wire natural??? :dunno:

I thought about trying to host an all natural material terrestrial swap. I also got a bit bogged down in the definition of natural. Is copper wire natural??? :dunno:

Technically copper is not man made so it is natural. I would allow it. Where as Tinsel would not be allowed.

Technically copper is not man made so it is natural. I would allow it. Where as Tinsel would not be allowed.

what about metal tinsel, that is not man made. i have a lot of that stuff for my salmon flies

on my own fly patterns i only use natural materials, so this would be a good swap for me.

not sure this has been done before but was wondering if anyone would be interested in hosting a "All Natural Material" swap sometime down the road ... during these up and coming cold winter months ? Been on a real kick lately with using natural materials and dubbing.

Other then the obvious hook & thread nothing else on the fly other then all natural materials. Just thought I'd throw this out there incase others maybe interested.

Thx's

Mike

Hey Mike, Sounds like a good idea, time for you to step up and host :D If you'll host, I'll tie. B)

Bob

Well Bob I kinda of thought about it. May have to give that some thought :)

Mike

I'll be in too if you host Mickalo. Or, as a very distant second possibility :lol: Let me know if you don't want to and I'll give it a shot.

Mike.

I'd be up for this, too. Perhaps the host should define what constitutes "natural". Silk thread was already brought up as were tinsels and wire. Whomever hosts dictates the rules and participants agree to the definition or refrain from signing up. I'll gladly join and happily abide by whatever "natural material" definition the host declares. Sounds fun! :yahoo:

I have too much stuff in my tying room so I would love to get a way to put it on a hook!! Count me in!!

Frank aka Student4evr

I'd like to be in on this, if you take continental (European) tiers. In my opinion copper is natural, but copper wire is manmade. So is tinsel, but what the heck, I don't dictate the rules, it's just my opinion. :dunno:

Sjo

Mickalo sounds like a great time to get your swap meister feet wet. Just like Frank, I have a lot of fur that waiting to be used, so I'll throw my I'm in. I also feel although copper is natural, copper wire is the process of turning into something else.