Fly Tying

I already had two of the #8 heads in my stash. Of the 16 bodies I am doing in this batch all have the background coat, eyes and larger dots. Of these three are completely painted.

In short, things are on track for me.

Mine are all painted, have to wait for some supplies to come in to tie the tails. Should be done in plenty of time to meet the deadline. One question, what would be a good size for the container to send these in? Seems poppers would take a lot bigger container than an Altoids tin.

Mine are all painted, have to wait for some supplies to come in to tie the tails. Should be done in plenty of time to meet the deadline. One question, what would be a good size for the container to send these in? Seems poppers would take a lot bigger container than an Altoids tin.

Pelhament's slider looks to be too big for an Altoids tin all by itself. I plan to send a cardboard box with a cardboard box inside for the return trip.

I started. Will be done soon. Smokin! do the cocktail!! :P

You want the fruit cocktail huh? It does produce well for me I will say that!

I've seen pics of it! And the fish that are eating it would be nice to catch!! IT's a beauty!

PS I will be doing Stippled Poppers. I just got all my materials to make them. They will be green (and a couple other colors..haha)

How is everybody doing on their poppers? I decided to change what I was doing. I am no going to do a size 10 black slider thing with red dots and then covered in this clear glow in the dark stuff. This is a great fly for panfish during the evening and night and still works during the day.

Mine are mounted to the hooks and primed, but I've done little else to them...hopefully I'll get some time later this week to get some color on them.

How is everybody doing on their poppers? I decided to change what I was doing. I am no going to do a size 10 black slider thing with red dots and then covered in this clear glow in the dark stuff. This is a great fly for panfish during the evening and night and still works during the day.

I just finished painting the eyes on tomorrow I will apply the clear coats and hopefully wed I will tie on the tails. I will try and snap some pics before I send them off. What is everyone sending theirs in? Mine are size 8's but others will be larger I assume?

I just finished painting the eyes on tomorrow I will apply the clear coats and hopefully wed I will tie on the tails. I will try and snap some pics before I send them off. What is everyone sending theirs in? Mine are size 8's but others will be larger I assume?

Just wondering what will you be using for the clear coats?

Just wondering what will you be using for the clear coats?

My previous poppers I was using krylon uv clear but it didnt build up the way I wanted. Based on recomendations on the forum I am planning on using a water based polyurethane if it doesnt build like I would like I will probably use a 30 min epoxy on them.

Mine are done, need to find a couple of boxes to send them in. CAn I get an adress to send them to?

Heads are painted... well 7 of them. I manhandled one of them a little too early and scalped it, so I am trying to repaint the part I messed up, if it still looks presentable I will proceed with it, otherwise I will do it over. I have 3 completed as well as a couple bonus flies I tied up for the Swapmeister.