Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Got a chance yesterday ... fished the St. Johns River again. This is why I love Florida and fly fishing in Florida.

This was the big bass of the day ... you can see my little fly in it's mouth.

Also caught more sunfish than I could keep count of. Red Eared and Long Eared Sunfish and Bluegill were the common ones. I kept enough to make a fish fry for the Wife and I.

No, the smaller fish were caught in the Smokys. The two larger ones were caught from a creek below Wolf Creek Dam.

Now see why you prefer barbed hooks, fine specimen, have to go now -becoming envious of warm climate, winter here- although it hit 53 degrees today in my area.

I think that fish is trying to bite off his thumb, no wonder he looks so serious. Much the same as that Smallie eating your left hand, got to be careful out there.

image.jpg

Nice catch. Is that a switch rod your using? Would you mine explaining your whole set up? Rod, Reel, line< and scandi or skagit head with tips? Thanks.

I have to admit, I do not like fishing California. I've tried and tried to catch fish on the waters to the east and west of Stockton. A month ago, a friend and I hit five different places without so much as a hit.

So, after fishing California waters for several hours over the past two days ... I finally caught a fish. Granted, it's not a bad fish. At 2 pounds, 9 ounces ... it's a pretty Small Mouth Bass.

I had to travel a bit to get to the Los Vaqueros Reservoir, but I am somewhat glad I did.

It was a pretty day, but cold. I walked about 2 miles of shoreline, and back. One fish does not make for a great day, but the scenery made it a memorable trip. I'll be glad to get back to MY State.

Oh, and I do have a confession. I caught this on a soft plastic stick-o. Nothing hit flies, so I switched to conventional mode.

mikechell-

I could be mistaken but that sure looks like a largemouth in that picture above.... Is that the one you said was a smallmouth?

Very nice catch, sure does look beautiful out there. I've never ventured to the west coast.