Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Got out yesterday afternoon. It was awesome took awhile for the bite to turn on/find the schools of bait. But when it did it turned on hard. Here are just 3 of the fish I caught. 16" spotted bay bass, 12" calico bass, and a 12" mackerel. These fish fight like crazy. That spotted bay bass when they get that big they pull drag and put a size able bend in a 7wt. The mackerel are really fun. Also a pretty rare catch for me but when I do catch them I am pretty stoked.

post-51397-0-80663700-1449409356_thumb.jpg

post-51397-0-31190300-1449409376_thumb.jpg

post-51397-0-56574600-1449409403_thumb.jpg

post-51397-0-83580100-1449409446_thumb.jpg

A couple of cold nights have run the fish out of the shallow water I like to fish. Still caught a few, including a nice Crappie.

Mike you threw dinner away! Sure is pretty out there though.

Last time I was out that way was for shad. Fun to catch but I wouldn't try eating one.

post-44758-0-49936400-1450118225_thumb.jpg

One does not a dinner make. I've got two bags full of fillets in the freezer right now. So, I am good.

Last year, I was home for the shad run, but for some reason, I was never able to hook one. This year, I'll be North through January so I'll probably miss my chance this time.

Beautiful day. It was windy, but I was able to get out of it. Caught a bunch of little ones.

Several Crappie:

10 or so small LMBs:

More than a dozen Bluegill:

And for extra color, several Redbreast Sunfish:

Caught a whole lotta fish this morning. Nothing large, but fun ... 'til the boat traffic got too inconsiderate. Two and a half minutes, from 6:40 to 9:13, I left uncut. Five casts, three different fish ... shows just how fast the fishing can be on the St. Johns.

Nice vids Mike. I like the commentary: " cant see what I'm taking a picture of.."

classic Brother!

Dental appointment this morning ... didn't get on the water until 10:00. Caught a bunch of little Spotted Sunfish ... and one good sized Copper Nose Bluegill.

Foggy start to 2016. But it was 72 when I got on the water at 7:00.

I did get to fish with Mr. Blue with the baitfish attempt on it ... but alas, its maiden voyage didn't produce any fish.

I DID catch about a dozen good sized Bluegill from this one shallow area.

And the Bass wanted top water. I caught three, all about this size.