Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

LOL Adam. First, it's Florida, so there ARE alligators. Second, the pool pictured is only about 2 feet (2/3 meter) deep at the deepest. In a float tube, you'd be dragging your feet in the mud on the bottom.

But yes, it's a pretty, calm place, just off the main river. I love fishing these shallow areas, since the bass boats generally do not go in them.

Got out on this long weekend here are a few fish I caught. I also had my first expereince of a fish biting me. The halibut drew some blood. You can see the teeth in the photo. It was a very amateur move.

post-51397-0-76517100-1451746824_thumb.jpg

post-51397-0-54490700-1451746848_thumb.jpg

post-51397-0-44070400-1451746869_thumb.jpg

Mike! Even half a metre is possible in the newer Guideline float tube cos' you sit much higher then any other float tube, but the fins can & do stur up the mud! But half a metre is good to stand up & take the jacket off, pull waders down & have a wizz!

Also small bays with vegetation is where the fish are! I'm happy boat people spend their time out on open water looking at the fish finder!:-)

I like that fog picture Mike! Looks like really nice float tube water if there were no aligators!

Alligators, cotton mouth's, alligator snapping turtles ect.. all reasons I would never use a float tube in florida lol

I've been wading, float tubing and small boating in Florida since 1992. I've never had any of those creatures bother me.

It was a cold and cloudy morning ... and Rich and I were setting off to fish one of his secret spots. He made me wear a blindfold, which really sucked because I was driving my own car.

His secret spot, my Pearl Minnow ...

I caught the first fish ... with Rich proudly looking on in the background.

Then the bite was on for a while.

And a few more that looked similar. The fish were beautiful.

Oh yeah ... and Rich caught a few, too.

We left the spot a little after noon, as it was starting to snow and the temperatures were dropping.

Thank you, Rich, for a great morning on the water.