Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
nyFLYguy05

Crease Flies??!!

Anyone be interested in doing a fly swap regarding Crease Flies? I love their top water action. However I have never done a swap before and would love to join one or create one myself. I am figuring this is how it works...a number of people are chosen for the swap - a number of flies are made by each person - the flies are sent to the swap manager - flies are then sent out randomly to all the people who participated in the swap, every tier gets a fly they did not tie - please correct me if i am wrong. Thank you for the help!

Anyone be interested in doing a fly swap regarding Crease Flies? I love their top water action. However I have never done a swap before and would love to join one or create one myself. I am figuring this is how it works...a number of people are chosen for the swap - a number of flies are made by each person - the flies are sent to the swap manager - flies are then sent out randomly to all the people who participated in the swap, every tier gets a fly they did not tie - please correct me if i am wrong. Thank you for the help!

I dont tie the best, but i'd be in for it. It'd be my first swap!!

I dont tie the best, but i'd be in for it. It'd be my first swap!!

I believe the typical swap protocol is to tie one fly for every other tier in the swap - so that in the end everyone gets a full set. (Of course it's polite to tie a few extras for the swapmeister or throw in some other tidbit in appreciation of the effort)

Please read the rules of this forum at the top of the forum page, including this one: http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=15836 . They will explain everything you need to know to join or to host a swap.

Thank you everyone for the help! I am looking to create a crease fly swap. Please let me know who would be interested. It can either be fresh or saltwater crease flies. Very easy and fun to make! Below is a crease fly I tie for Striped Bass. Please let me know who is interested and then once I see how many people I get, I will go from there! Thanks

post-36479-0-88704100-1325453100_thumb.jpg

Thank you everyone for the help! I am looking to create a crease fly swap. Please let me know who would be interested. It can either be fresh or saltwater crease flies. Very easy and fun to make! Below is a crease fly I tie for Striped Bass. Please let me know who is interested and then once I see how many people I get, I will go from there! Thanks

Im in!

I am going to limit this swap to 6 people. Sp far Chefben is in, Need another 5 people. Crease fly swap! Please let me know asap so I can post the details and info!

I probably would of joined but I know the rules here and seeing Bob's post about our rules for swapping here at FTF he was being polite in telling you to read them before you just decide to take on the task of starting a swap the rules are there for a reason

I have no problem with the rules. I was just curious about your questions. Once I join 3 swaps then I can start my own.